WhatsApp’s rival Telegram offers the feature to save texts, images, videos, documents, and other files using ‘Saved Messages.’ Unfortunately, we don’t have any such option in WhatsApp yet. However, few simple tricks let you open a WhatsApp chat with yourself to save the important messages, files, images, notes, and whatnot without creating a group. Here’s how you can chat with yourself on WhatsApp on Android & iOS.
Chat with Yourself on WhatsApp to Save Messages, Images & Files
Table of Contents
We all receive messages, documents, and images on WhatsApp that we feel are important and need to be saved in one place instead of getting buried under the other messages. The quickest way to save these messages or media is to forward them to yourself.
While people with two WhatsApp numbers can forward the content to the other number, others had to create a group by adding one of their contacts and later removing it to create a solo chat on WhatsApp.
Thankfully, you no longer need to do this as it can be done within a few clicks and without disturbing others. All you need to do is follow the methods below.
Method 1- Using Wa.me Link
WhatsApp lets you make short Wa.me links that others can use to message you without saving your contact directly. You can use the same to chat with yourself on WhatsApp, as follows.
- Open the browser on your phone.
- In the URL bar, type https://wa.me//, then add country code and mobile number like “wa.me//1234567890.”
- Press enter to open the link. Click on Continue to Chat.
- Select WhatsApp when prompted.
- You’ll now be redirected to the WhatsApp app with a chat with your own number.
Now send something to yourself to save it as a chat. You can now use this solo chat to save your texts and forward important documents, images, or whatever you want.
Also, read |
Method 2- Through the Contacts App
The other way is to open a direct chat with yourself through the contacts app. This is easier and just needs your number to be saved on your phone.
- Launch the Contacts app on your phone.
- Open your contact profile.
- Tap the Message button next to WhatsApp OR click Message <your number> under WhatsApp (may differ based on your phone’s make and model).
- You’ll be redirected to the WhatsApp app, where you can chat with yourself.
Just send a simple ‘Hi’ or any message so that the chat gets saved. You can then use this chat to save your messages, similar to Telegram’s Saved Messages feature. The good thing is that everything can be backed up, so you need not worry about losing the messages and media in this chat.
This was all about how you can chat with yourself on WhatsApp or create a solo WhatsApp chat to send yourself messages, images, videos, voice notes, documents, and other files. I hope this was useful for you. Stay tuned for more related tips and tricks.