Acer held its [email protected] global press event in New York yesterday and launched oodles of tech products. Among the new and refreshed goodies were Predator gaming laptops and monitors, Swift slim and light laptops, Switch convertibles, Aspire laptops, Aspire AiOs, the Leap Ware smartwatch, 4K projectors, the StarVR HMD, and more. Here we are going to look over the new Predator hardware but you can visit the [email protected] event page for all the other news.
Acer Predator Triton 700
The most eye catching new Acer product overall might well be the Predator Triton 700. This is an ultrathin gaming laptop - another attempt at a slim and light gaming laptop "without compromise". Key features of this 18mm (0.74-inch) thick machine are as follows:
- The Predator Triton 700’s aluminium chassis houses a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display and best-in-class technologies for a thin yet powerful, compromise-free gaming notebook,
- Dual Acer AeroBlade 3D Fans provides advanced thermal performance allowing for its ultrathin form factor,
- Must-have gaming tech and features include powerful 7th Generation Intel Core processors, the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-Series graphics, speedy NVMe PCIe SSDs and lightning-fast Intel Thunderbolt 3,
- To complete the package, the Triton 700 also includes a mechanical keyboard, PredatorSense software and Nvidia G-SYNC monitor support.
You will have to wait until August for the Predator Triton 700. Its price will start from €3,399.
Acer Predator Helios 300
Here Acer is trying to offer the best gaming performance possible in a laptop at 'midrange prices'. The Predator Helios 300 (pictured above) will be available in configurations with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays. Key features of the series are as follows:
- The Predator Helios 300 line is powered by 7th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 standard-voltage processors, overclockable Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050 Ti graphics, fast wireless connectivity and solid state drives,
- Dual AeroBlade 3D fans keep gameplay nice and cool, while PredatorSense software makes GPU overclocking and system control easy,
- Housed in a classic but tasteful gaming chassis with an iron red backlit keyboard, selected models include a metal top cover and keyboard area for added strength and rigidity.
Again you will have to wait until August for these laptops to become available here in Europe. Acer tells us that pricing will start at €1,199 for either screen size model.
Acer Predator Monitors with Quantum Dot Technology
Acer showed off the 4K resolution Predator X27 with Nvidia G-SYNC HDR, plus the Predator Z271UV which features an immersive 1800R curved panel. Both these new gaming monitors use display panels leveraging Quantum Dot technology and Tobii eye tracking tech. A summary of their attractions follows:
- Featuring Quantum Dot technology, both monitors offer a significantly wider, brighter and more accurate colour range, with the Predator X27 supporting 99% of the Adobe RGB colour space, and Predator Z271UV covering 130% of the sRGB colour space,
- Both monitors provide smooth and stutter-free gameplay thanks to Nvidia G-SYNC, while Nvidia ULMB (Ultra-Low Motion Blur) creates sharper, more realistic images,
- The Predator X27 is a Nvidia G-SYNC HDR monitor and features Acer HDR Ultra technology,
- Integrated Tobii eye-tracking technology help gamers aim, shoot, and explore more intuitively.
Acer hasn't supplied us with pricing and availability details for the monitors.