Adobe Brackets 1.13 released. Install Brackets Text Editor on Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Ubuntu Derivatives. Brackets is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. We blend visual tools into the editor so you get the right amount of help when you want it without getting in the way of your creative process. You’ll enjoy writing code in Brackets.
- Inline Editors : Instead of jumping between file tabs, Brackets lets you open a window into the code you care about most. Want to work on the CSS that applies to a specific ID? Put your mouse cursor on that ID, push Command / Ctrl+E and Brackets will show you all the CSS selectors with that ID in an inline window so you can work on your code side-by-side without any popups.
- Live Preview : Get a real-time connection to your browser. Make changes to CSS and HTML and you’ll instantly see those changes on screen. Also see where your CSS selector is being applied in the browser by simply putting your cursor on it. It’s the power of a code editor with the convenience of in-browser dev tools.
- Preprocessor Support : With Brackets you can use Quick Edit and Live Highlight with your LESS and SCSS files which will make working with them easier than ever.
Adobe Brackets 1.13
Here’s a quick summary of all the features in Brackets 1.13
Organize Files/Folders in File Tree
- You can now manipulate folder structures from within Brackets. Move a file/folder from one folder to another with a simple drag and drop.
Open Remote Files
- You can now open a remotely hosted web-page from within Brackets. Use Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-O shortcut and supply a URL to quickly open the file and review the code within Brackets.
- You can now automatically update Brackets, without leaving the code editor. Earlier, one had to launch a browser, open the Brackets website, download and install the latest version. However, Brackets can now be updated with just a few clicks from within the app.
Install Adobe Brackets 1.13
Run the following commands in terminal to install Adobe Brackets 1.13 on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.10, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 16.10 and other Derivatives:
sudo apt-get update
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/Brackets.Release.1.13*.deb
sudo apt-get -f install
Once installed, open Brackets from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.