If you’re promoting offers from your advertisers, Twitter is a great way to get your offers seen by a huge audience. However, you have to make sure you are doing it right, if you don’t use the right hashtags then you could be limiting your audience significantly.
So how do you know if you are using the right hashtags? We’ve created a list of 15 affiliate marketing hashtags you should be using on Twitter and some information for each one. Obviously, it’s also important to use hashtags that are relevant to your audience.
- #affiliatemarketing – This is a great hashtag to use. It’s the most popular and it’s obvious why! On average this hashtag gets 17 unique tweets per hour, 27 retweets per hour and has the potential to reach over 70,000 views per hour.
- #onlinemarketing – This hashtag gets an average of 31 unique tweets, 23 retweets and an average total of over 55,000 views per hour. So although this hashtag gets less views than the previous tag, user engagement is higher. With over 74% of the tweets in this hashtag containing links, it’s probably a good idea to follow suit.
- #ppc – Pay per click is a popular way of attaining traffic in the affiliate world. In fact it’s the quickest way to get started, but there’s definitely a learning curve for newcomers. This hashtag receives 23 unique tweets, 8 retweets and over 11,000 potentials views on average per hour.
- #marketing – This hashtag is HUGE! If you include this in your posts, you can expect an average of 12.43 million views PER HOUR. Yep, that’s right. This hashtag receives an hourly average of 1543 unique tweets and 421 retweets. Only 10% of tweets with this hashtag contain images, so that could be a good way to stand out from the crowd.
- #business – Another huge hashtag. #business receives around 7 million potential views every hour and over 2,400 unique tweets use this hashtag every hour. It’s definitely a busy hashtag. However, similar to #marketing, only 4% of tweets contain images, so consider this when crafting your message.
- #advertising – Another one of the big 3. #advertising has the potential for over 3.89 million hourly views. However this hashtag only receives 169 unique hourly tweets and 77 retweets every hour. This might be a good option to get your message in front of people.
- #internetmarketing – Although there isn’t too much activity on this hashtag, with only 15 unique tweets and less than 100 retweets on average per hour – this hashtag has the potential for over 97,000 potential views per hour. This hashtag has been overloaded with links and is underserved by images in tweets, again making this a good opportunity if you do the right thing.
- #marketingstrategy – This hashtag receives over 78,000 potential views per hour and only receives a pitiful amount of unique tweets and retweets, making this a good hashtag for getting in front of an underserved audience.
- #conversions – This hashtag receives over 240,000 potential views per hour but doesn’t get as much activity as you might have thought. With only 173 unique tweets per hour and only an average of 40 retweets this hashtag might present some opportunity should you start using it regularly.
- #emailmarketing – This hashtag receives 107 unique tweets per hour and 6 retweets on average per hour. But with over 73,500 potential hourly views this could be a great opportunity at reaching viewers in this lucrative market.
- #seo – As you’d expect, SEO is a huge industry and as such receives over 4.5 million potential views per hour, 167 retweets and 493 unique tweets per hour.
- #analytics – Analytics plays a massive part in affiliate marketing. Being able to see the fruits of your labor is essential to knowing where changes need to be made. This hashtag receives 120 unique tweets, 40 retweets and over 230,000 potential views on average per hour.
- #ecommerce – eCommerce websites can be good vendors for affiliate marketers, so pay attention. This hashtag receives over 150,000 potential views, 194 unique tweets and 87 retweets on average per hour.
- #sem – Search engine marketing (also known as SEO) can be play an important part in getting views on a landing page for affiliate marketers. It’s more of a long-term strategy compared to PPC but still useful nonetheless. This hashtag receives over 75,000 potential views, 12 retweets and 44 unique tweets on average per hour.
- #socialmedia – Of course, this is a huge hashtag. As you probably already know, social media plays a massive part in affiliate marketers. This hashtag receives almost 8 million potential views, 1,488 unique tweets and 318 retweets per hour. So whilst this may seem like a good hashtag to use, there is a lot of activity with not as many views as other tags.
As you can see, affiliate marketing hashtags can easily get your content in front of an interested audience, but look for the low-hanging fruit. Make sure that you only use relevant hashtags for your industry and try finding metrics that can help you find an underserved market with lots of traffic.