In order to help the consumers who are affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), Apple is now offering free books and audiobooks for a limited time. Apple today sent out a notification to Apple Books users in the US to take advantage of this offer.
Enjoy a good book, on us
Explore free books, read-alongs for kids, cozy mysteries, and audiobooks for the whole family.
If you tap the notification, Apple will open the Free Books section in the Apple Books app. You can browse through several books from various genres, explore a wide selection of audiobooks, or select a new book from Apple’s ‘First in a Series, Free’ tab.
Apple Books app features the following:
- Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, comics, and more.
- Book Store: Check out Top Charts, and find new releases, limited-time offers, and recommendations for you, updated every week.
- Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors, and other memorable voices.
- Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
- Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
- Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favorite audiobooks on your next hike, run, or exercise session, right from your wrist.
- Customize your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colors. Use Auto-Night Theme and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
- Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of flipping pages.