Make your pupper or kiddo stand out with the help of Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus!
Apple's latest videos show off the magic of Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus with adorable, aww-inducing subjects.
"Soul Mate" features an adorable pupper with its head cocked to the side posing in front of some foliage. Portrait Mode, which uses the dual-camera system of iPhone 7 Plus to create a beautiful depth-of-field effect, helps separate the pooch from the busy foliage behind it.
With a subtly blurred background and an ultra-sharp foreground, the narrator says the pupper goes from "house mate" to "soul mate."
"Creek" features a child emerging from the water in a creek with foliage, rolling hills, and a blue sky crowding the background. As soon as the iPhone photographer switches on Portrait Mode, though, the background fades to a beautiful blur and the child stands out in the foreground.
The narrator says the photo goes from "fine" (as in "meh") to "fine art." We'd have to agree!
Portrait Mode on iPhone 7 Plus
Are you rocking an iPhone 7 Plus? How often do you use Portrait Mode? If you've got a favorite Portrait Mode photo, share it with us over on Twitter!
- How to turn off (or turn on) landscape mode on the iPhone 6 Plus and 6s Plus home screen
- iPhone 6, 6S Shutting Down? iOS 10.2.1 Update Could Fix Your Phone From Turning Off Unexpectedly
- How To Use Picture In Picture Mode For Videos On Facebook
- Matte Black iPhone 7 Casing Unexpectedly Chipping
- Apple iPhone 8 Production To Start Earlier Than Expected, But September Release Date Will Not Be Changed
- Rumor: 5-inch iPhone With Vertical Dual Cameras Planned
- Red iPhone Coming? Apple's 2017 Lineup Reportedly Includes iPhone 7s, iPhone 7s Plus In All-New Color
- Review: Zhiyun's Smooth II 3-Axis Gimbal Gives iPhone Video Footage Better Stability
- How to use the iPhone 7 Plus camera: The ultimate guide
- Tip: save space on iPhone 7 Plus by turning off depth of field photo duplicates