Asus ROG has released a trio of new gaming laptops featuring Intel Kaby Lake CPUs and Nvidia GTX 10 series GPUs. There is a single 15.6-inch Asus ROG Strix Hero Edition machine and a pair of 17.3-inch Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition machines to choose from.
Common features of these gaming laptops include the following:
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
- 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda SSHD (uses 8GB cache)
- 1280 x 720 HD Webcam, Stereo Speakers
- 64Wh 4-cell Lithium-Ion, 150W power adaptor
- Networking: 2×2 802.11ac, Built-in Bluetooth V4.1, Gigabit Ethernet Jack
- I/O: 1x Combo audio jack, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, 4x USB 3.0, 1x Mini DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x AC adapter plug
The 15.6-inch Asus ROG Strix Hero Edition GL503VM-DB74 is based around a FHD 1920 x 1080 screen with 120Hz refresh and 5ms response with 178° viewing angles. The Hero Edition employs a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB for graphics acceleration and is 2.3cm thick and 2.3kg in weight. Price is approx $1600, available from 6th Nov in the USA.
As mentioned above, there are two versions of the 17.3-inch Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition. The GL703VM-DB74 offers a FHD 1920 x 1080 120Hz refresh 5ms response screen with wide viewing angles and a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. The higher end model sports an FHD 1920 x 1080 G-SYNC 144Hz 9ms screen with 178° viewing angles and a more powerful GeForce GTX 1070 8GB. The Scar machines are 2.5cm thick and weigh in at 2.7kg. Pricing is $1600, or $1900 for the higher spec Scar machine, again from November.