Announced this week, Snapdragon 821 is Qualcomm's fastest mobile processor.
Asus's ZenFone 3 Deluxe will be the first smartphone to run on Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 821 processor, Asus announced at an event in Taiwan this week.
The ZenFone 3 Deluxe was announced at Computex in May, and is one of three new handsets in the ZenFone lineup. The Snapdragon 821 will be offered to customers in Asia who select the top-of-the-line mode, which also includes 6GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB of UFS 2.0 internal storage, according to Engadget.
Its 23-megapixel camera has a Sony IMX318 image sensor, a f/2.0 aperture lens, and optical image stabilization. It can also shoot 4K video. All Deluxe models come with USB Type-C, rapid fingerprint security, and fast-charge technology that brings the battery level up to 60 percent in just 39 minutes.
Cheaper ZenFone 3 Deluxe versions will have less memory and storage, and be powered by the Snapdragon 820, still a more-than-capable processor for high-end phones. Since Asus doesn't typically sell its phones in the US, Americans looking to get their hands on one will have to buy an unlocked version from an Asian retailer. The top-of-the line Deluxe retails for approximately $780 and will begin shipping to Taiwan and Hong Kong this fall, Engadget reports.
The cheaper models will be available as early as August, since they don't have to wait for Snapdragon 821 availability.
The ZenFone 3 Deluxe has two cousins, also unveiled at Computex. The plain ZenFone 3 has a 5.5-inch Full HD display and is powered by the Snapdragon 625. The Ultra has a larger 6.8-inch Full HD screen and the same camera as the Deluxe. Its 4600mAh battery can also be used as a power bank to charge other devices.
- Snapdragon 835 vs 821 vs 820: What's the difference?
- Snapdragon 821 vs Snapdragon 820: What's the difference?
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 821: 2.4 GHz Kryo
- Best of MWC 2017: Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei, Nokia and Alcatel mobiles galore
- Sony Reportedly Updating Xperia Z5, Z3+ Phones, Z4 Tablet To Android 7.0 Nougat
- Well-connected Asus ZenBook 3 Deluxe unveiled alongside Kaby Lake stunners
- Samsung to build next-gen Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Could Be Twice As Fast As Galaxy S7 As New Leak Suggests 10nm Exynos Processor
- Apple iPhone 7 vs Sony Xperia XZ: Which is best for me?
- Galaxy Note 7 vs. iPhone 6s: Apple’s Current Flagship Beats Samsung’s Latest Handset In Speed Test