Get a free SSL certificate for your WordPress website using the best free SSL plugin for WordPress and HTTPS WordPress plugin.
Best Free SSL Certificate Plugin for WordPress
Here are the 5 best free SSL certification plugin for WordPress:
1. Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
It is a one-click free SSL certificate plugin for WordPress (auto-install free SSL) and HTTPS redirect plugin. Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate is the 1st WordPress Plugin that automatically issues and installs free SSL certificates for your WordPress blogs/websites.
Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate features:
- Generate and renew Free SSL Certificate.
- One-click Download the generated SSBest Free SSL Certificate Plugin For WordPressL certificate, Private key, and CA Bundle files.
- Video guide on How to Install the Free SSL Certificate on cPanel Shared Hosting.
- One-click Force SSL activation, i.e., HTTPS redirect, fix insecure links and mixed content warning, display the padlock in the browser’s address bar with ONLY ONE CLICK.
- One-click revert to HTTP if required.
- Automatic renewal reminder by email before the SSL expiry.
2. Realy Simple SSL
Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over HTTPS. To keep it lightweight, we kept the options to a minimum. Your website will move to SSL with one click.
3. WP Encryption
WP Encryption is one click free SSL certificate & SSL / HTTPS redirect to fix insecure content. The plugin can be used to generate free SSL certificate for your WordPress site and force SSL / HTTPS sitewide. It can also check your SSL score, fix insecure content and mixed content issues easily. It can also enable HTTPS secure padlock on your site within minutes.
Free SSL Plugin Features:
- Verify domain ownership and generate free SSL certificate
- Secure webmail and email with SSL certificate
- Download generated SSL certificate, key and Intermediate certificate files
- Force HTTPS / Enable HTTPS redirection sitewide in one click
- HTTPS redirection includes redirect loop fix for Cloudflare, StackPath, Load balancers and reverse proxies.
- SSL Health page – Track your SSL score and control various SSL features
- Enable mixed content / insecure content fixer
- Upgrade insecure requests
- HSTS Strict transport security Headers
- Automatic email notification prior to SSL certificate expiration
4. SSL Zen
SSL Zen helps you to secure your website, protect your customer’s data and show your visitors you’re trustworthy and authentic.
- Secure padlock in the browser
- Displays ‘connection is secure’ message
- Increased SEO ranking
- Customers will trust you
- Accept safe payments online
- Compliance with regulation standards
- Strong bank-level security
5. iThemes Security
The iThemes Security Pro plugin provides a real-time WordPress security dashboard that monitors security-related events on your site around the clock. The iThemes Security Dashboard is a dynamic dashboard with all your WordPress website’s security activity stats in one place, including brute force attacks, banned users, active lockouts, site scan results, and user security stats (Pro).
The iThemes Security plugin can secure your WordPress login with several layers of security. It includes two-factor authentication (2fa), password requirements, recaptcha, passwordless logins and trusted devices.
The plugin also features website security utilities such as:
- Enforce SSL – Force all connections to the website to be made over SSL/TLS.
- Database Backups – Create backups of your WordPress database. (Not a complete backup.)
- Geolocation (Pro) – Improve Trusted Devices by connecting to an external location or mapping API.
Download these WordPress plugins and secure your website.