Supercell just announced a new mobile multiplayer game, Brawl Stars is coming to an iOS or Android device near you. Find out everything there is to know about game, here.
While Supercell has traditionally taken long and quiet summer breaks, this year is breaking all the rules as the company just announced a brand new mobile multiplayer obsession, Brawl Stars is coming to iOS and Android in the nearish future.
According to the official Brawl Stars Reddit announcement, the new game will incorporate a crazy mix of “shoot ’em up, blow ’em up, punch ’em out” madness all packaged in fast-paced, 3v3 multi-player model.
While the post shares details about gameplay, characters and four different fight modes, which include Bounty, Smash and Grab, Heist and Showdown, it’s still a little difficult to picture just how the game will work.
To build players’ appetite for the upcoming Brawl Stars release, Supercell announced a live stream of the game in action beginning at 9 am PDT (12 pm ET). While the live stream is still an hour away, once it is finished, we’ll post our own description and impressions of the game here.
In the meantime, if you want to tune in yourself, you can check it out at the official Brawl Stars YouTube page, here or watch the embedded video below.
Until then, here are a few details of the game as posted in the Reddit Brawl Stars announcement:
- Brawl Stars is a rowdy 3V3 multiplayer “slug fest” with crazy characters (zombies and robots and cactuses, oh my!) that punch, kick, shoot or blow up their opponents during a fast-paced battle.
- As you progress through the game, you’ll gather Elixir and chips to unlock and upgrade new characters. Each character has a signature move and a super ability that makes him or her unique. Players will also have the ability to customize their characters’ looks with unlockable skins.
- Brawl Stars incorporates four different fight modes to keep players on their feet. They are as follows:
- Bounty: Collect stars for your team by eliminating opponents, but be careful not to let them pick you off. The team with the most stars at the end of the match wins!
- Smash & Grab: Collect Crystals from the center of the map, while fighting the opposing team. The first team to collect 10 crystals and hold onto them wins.
- Heist: Crack the safe protected by the opposing team, or defend your valuables from would-be safecrackers. You have a couple of minutes to determine who leaves with the loot!
- Showdown: The rowdiest rumble! 10 players are dropped into a slowly shrinking arena. Can you be the last Brawler standing?
- The game will include bands, which are similar to clans in Clash Royale and Clash of Clans where players can share tips, battle together and more.
What do you think of Supercell’s upcoming multi-player fighter/shooter? Will you play Brawl Stars? Share your thoughts in the comments below.