Minecraft’s snapshots haven’t been very large lately. With Minecon (a massive convention dedicated to the game) looming on the horizon, the majority of new features are being saved for the big unveiling of Minecraft 1.1 at the event. Snapshot 16w36a follows the trend of recent releases like 16w35a, and is almost purely bug fixes. There is one notable change, and it’s a fairly humorous one – “Multiple bug reports are now in prime state to be reopened again!”.
You can find the list of fixed bugs, taken from the official post on Mojang’s websiteNedenfor.
- [Bug MC-29544] – Particles from falling/landing/sprinting on leaves do not use foliage color
- [Bug MC-41270] – Resourcepack’s glyph_sizes.bin and some unicode_pages are only loaded on startup
- [Bug MC-83905] – Compass animates incorrectly
- [Bug MC-95460] – Compass needle spins only in lower half randomly in the End and Nether
- [Bug MC-96463] – UV mapping in cross.json and tinted_cross.json models is incorrect / South face of crossed textures of saplings, plants, etc. is mirrored
- [Bug MC-101555] – Resource pack fails to load when the itemframe blockstate is multipart
- [Bug MC-103550] – Malformed ping packet from server crashes client
- [Bug MC-105886] – World File Names Containing Brackets Will Not Load Packaged Resource Packs
- [Bug MC-105978] – Lingering Potions lose their effect when thrown in survival
- [Bug MC-105982] – Placing a sign that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it’s data
- [Bug MC-106046] – Lava bucket gets used up in smelting
- [Bug MC-106084] – Passengers do not upgrade correctly from old versions
- [Bug MC-106314] – Don’t know what stat.killEntity.Creeper is
- [Bug MC-106485] – Crafted Banner applied to a Shield defaults color to black/doesn’t change the shield
- [Bug MC-106536] – The block model of bone blocks lacks some cullface definitions
- [Bug MC-106665] – Pause on lost focus inconsistent spelling.
- [Bug MC-106675] – Command feedback inconsistency.
- [Bug MC-106708] – Block Model Random Offset Compatibility
Do you use Minecraft’s snapshot builds, or do you prefer to stick with stable releases? Let us know in the comments below!