Corebird, an open source twitter client for Linux, just got a new release after almost half a year of development.
The new Corebird 1.2 brings some UI changes, improvements to HiDPI displays, and more. See the full changelog:
- Inline media and avatars are no longer cached on disk
- Videos now indicate download progress showing a preview thumbnail with a circular progress overlay
- We download higher-resolution avatars on HiDPI displays now
- The build system usage has seen a major refactoring an cleanup, thanks to Rico Tzschichholz
- The sidebar is now at the top and dark
- Favorites now us a heart icon
- Sending tweets is now cancellable (e.g. when multiple images are attached, in which case it might take a while)
- Inline media are now displayed “full-size”, scaled to the current window size.
- Instagram videos are now correctly marked as videos, instead of was images
- If you have GTK+ >= 3.19, there’s now a GtkShortcutsWindow accessible from the app menuexplaining the various keyboard shortcuts. Note that Corebird still compiles and runs with GTK+ 3.16
- The big “add media” button in the compose window has been replaced with a regular text button. The added images are scaled down and displayed below it
- You can quote your own tweets now
- The settings dialog now contains a setting to hide “inappropriate content”, and it is enabled by default.
- The file selection dialog in the compose window now keeps you from selecting files > 3MB.
Sådan installeres Corebird 1.2 i Ubuntu:
There’s no official Corebird binary packages. Unofficial builds are available in PPA for Ubuntu 15.10 and Ubuntu 16.04. Since it requires GTK+ 3.16, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is not supported.
1. Start terminal fra App Launcher eller via Ctrl + Alt + T genvejstast. Når den åbnes, indsæt under kommandoen og hit runde:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: ubuntuhandbook1 / corebird
Indtast adgangskode (ingen visuel feedback, når du skriver) Når det spørger, og tryk Enter for at fortsætte.
2. Then refresh your system cache and install the software:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install corebird
For dem, der ikke ønsker at tilføje PPA, tag fat i deb pakke (select i386 for 32bit, amd64 for 64bit) fra DENNE SIDE, og klik på installation via Software Center.