The brackets text editor has reached the 1.10 release recently. Here’s how to install it in all current Ubuntu releases including Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and their derivatives.
Brackets 1.10 funktioner:
- Supports more than 40 different file encodings. You can Open/Save files with different encodings.
- Search history support
- CSS code hints support @rule and pseudo selector/element code hints.
- Provides CSS code hints in style attribute value in html.
- Forward / Backward navigation i redigeringshistorik
- Ability to Enable/Disable default extensions
- HTML menus are replaced with native menus in Linux.
How to Install Brackets 1.10 via PPA in Ubuntu:
Although there are official .deb binaries available in the release side, an Ubuntu PPA repository is a good choice to keep the software up-to-date easily via Software Updater utility.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T and run command to add the parentes ppa maintained by webupd8 team.
sudo add-apt-depot ppa: webupd8team / parentes
2. Then install the editor via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get brackets
Or upgrade it through Software Updater if you have a previous release installed:
To remove the PPA repository, simply launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove the text editor, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get fjerne --autoremove parenteser