Microsoft har frigivet de tre nye opdateringer KB3192403, KB3192404 og KB3192406 som valgfri til Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The company changed the updating process significantly in October for Windows 7 and Windows 8 client operating systems, and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 server operating systems.
Updates are now delivered as monthly rollups instead of individual patches. This means that every patch released for one of the supported operating systems is now included in the monthly rollup, but no longer available as individual updates that users can download and install.
Microsoft furthermore distinguishes between security-only rollups, which it releases once a month covering all security updates for that month, and monthly rollups, which include both security and non-security updates, and include previous updates as well.
Another recent change is the introduction of so-called previews for quality rollups. Microsoft picked the third Tuesday of each month for that.
Basically, what is happening is that Microsoft releases the monthly rollup patch for the coming month as a preview on the third Tuesday of the month.
KB3192403, KB3192404, and KB3192406
Yesterday was the third Tuesday of October, and Microsoft released the updates KB3192403, KB3192404, and KB3192406 as a consequence.
These updates are listed as optional patches. This means that Windows users and administrators need to check them first in Windows Update to install them.
Noter: Preview quality rollup patches should be considered as beta releases. It is not recommended to install them unless done for testing purposes, or if they fix an issue that you are experiencing on a Windows machine.
KB3192403: October 2016 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 SP1 og Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The list of changes include the following improvements and fixes:
- Addressed issue that prevents pushed-printer connections and printer connections from trusted servers from being installed in Point and Print scenarios after installing MS16-087.
- New root certificate type to support Catalog V2 for Windows 7 Embedded systemer.
- Improved proxy support in an authenticated proxy environment (telemetry, download of settings).
- Revised daylight saving time issues fixed.
October 2016 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 SP1 og Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
KB3192404: October 2016 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The list of changes includes the following ones:
- Shared drives becoming unavailable issue fixed.
- Memory leaks addressed in ISCSI WMI Provider.
- Addressed printing issues.
- Addressed 100% cou usage LSASS issue on domain controller role machines.
- Fixed Office 365 integration issue with Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2.
- Fixed task scheduler issue where weekly scheduled tasks failed with ERROR_REQUEST_REFUSED (0x800710e0).
KB3192406: October 2016 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012.
The list of changes includes these fixes:
- Fixed high CPU load in situations where a large number of files are open and folders are being renamed.
- Improved Windows Kernel reliability
Stillingen KB3192403, KB3192404 og KB3192406: Forhåndsvisning af kvalitetsudvikling dukkede først på gHacks Technology News.