Now that Extender Installer has been released for Cydia Extender on jailbroken devices, we’ve had a few requests for a quick guide on how to use it. Look no further! Follow our how-to below to ensure your jailbreak app never needs sideloading from a computer again. Endelig, your semi-untethered jailbreak is truly semi-untethered.
How to use Extender Installer
1) Ensure you have sideloaded your jailbreak app from your computer, and that your device is in a jailbroken state.
If you use an Apple ID with Two-step Authentication turned on, you must log into your Apple ID account and create an application-specific password to use in this step.
2) Remove any previous instances of Extender, and any previous instances of modifications of Extender, as they could cause problems. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, Immortal, installd OTA Patch, CyExtender Plus, and Ext3nder. I also ran iCleaner afterwards to make sure all leftover files were removed.
3) Launch Cydia, and add the following source:
Bemærk venligst, the package will probably be available from a standard repo once it’s out of beta.
4) Locate and install the package entitled Extender Installer on the above repo. Bemærk venligst, this name is likely to change in future.
5) Start Cydia Extender application which has been installed to your home screen. Naviger til Mere fanen, and sign in with your Apple ID.
Bemærk venligst, if you are paranoid about entering your Apple ID into non-Apple services, you can set up a throwaway Apple account and use that for this purpose. If you do this, you must also have used that same Apple ID to sideload the jailbreak app from your computer in Step 1.
If you use an Apple ID with Two-step Authentication turned on, you must use the application-specific password from Step 1 in this step.
6) You can leave all the other options as standard in the Mere fanen.
7) You should get a couple of notifications stating that you are signed in. Relaunch Extender to verify that your Apple ID is showing. Check that your jailbreak app is listed under the Installed fanen.
8) You can test the re-signing process by going to the Installed fanen, and pressing the Re-sign knap. It will attempt to re-sign and re-install the app for you, and this will let you see if it works.
9) You should get a notification if the re-installation is successful. If you encounter errors, navigate to the Mere fanen, og vælg Fejlfinding. It offers solutions to common errors, most of which can be solved by using the Revoke Certificates knap.
It took me a few tries to get it going smoothly, revoking certificates and so forth, but it eventually got up and running fine.
Husk, this tool is in beta, and so may have a few bugs at this point. It will also gain more features and undergo a name change before it’s complete. The tool currently does not run in Low Power mode, so bear that mind if you leave that on at all times on your device.