Mozilla Firefox web browser has reached the new stable 56.0 einen Tag veröffentlicht vor.
Feuerfuchs 56 features a built-in screenshot tool, allows you to take, sparen, and share screenshots without leaving the browser.
The new release updated the Preferences section with a search tool so users can find a specific setting quickly.
Other changes in Feuerfuchs 56:
- improved Send Tabs feature, it can be discovered even by users without a Firefox Account
- Added hardware acceleration for AES-GCM
- New Encoding Standard-compliant implementation written in Rust
- Updated the Safe Browsing protocol to version 4
- Reduced update download file size by approximately 20 Prozent
- Improved security for verifying update downloads
- Added Layout Panel to CSS Grid DevTools
Herunterladen / Install Firefox in Ubuntu:
The best way to install the latest Firefox in Ubuntu is waiting for the distribution builds published in security/updates repository.
Sei geduldig, it will be available in a few days. At that time, you can simply install/upgrade it via Software Updater:
For those who don’t want to wait, Download der official Firefox package, extract and run the executable to launch Firefox 56.