(Image credit: Blizzard)
Diablo 4's third pre-launch gameplay test, the Server Slam event, is now live. From now until May 14, players can jump into the Prologue and Act 1 of Diablo 4's campaign one last time to try out the game's classes, explore the Fractured Peaks, take on dungeons and boss fights, and more. Notably, like the Open Beta held in March, the Server Slam is open to everyone, regardless of whether or not they preordered the game.
As countless players flood into this final test run of Blizzard's latest dungeon crawler, though, a variety of bugs and launch issues have been reported and documented by both fans and Blizzard itself. We've recorded all of these in this article to give you an idea of what you should keep an eye out for while playing, and have also included all available information about known fixes and workarounds.
Diablo 4 Server Slam beta: Top known bugs and launch issues
These are the top known bugs and launch issues that players are experiencing with the Diablo 4 Server Slam. Note that most of these issues are affecting both the PC and console versions of the game.
If and when we become aware of additional major issues or workarounds, we'll update this article and document additional info here.
- Player progression can be blocked in the Lost Archives Dungeon if the player attempts to interact with the mechanical boxes prior to killing both Demonic Vanguard enemies.
- Workaround: Players should make sure to kill the Demonic Vanguard enemies first in the dungeon prior to interacting with the boxes.
- Animus Carriers that die to dungeon traps do not drop animus which will result in certain dungeons being blocked from progression. Affected dungeons include Hallowed Osuary, Dead Man’s Dredge and Anicas Claim.
- Players that change Speech Locale in the initial prologue of the game must wait for the entire package to finish downloading before they can proceed.
- While using a controller, the Sorcerer’s basic ability cannot destroy destructibles. This will only affect the player until they level up and earn their first ability.
- Ravens ability on the Druid will cause passive ravens to stop spawning if the player town portals back to town.
- Workaround: Avoid using Town Portals while using Ravens.
- Poison Creeper ability on the Druid will no longer attack after town portaling back to town.
- The damage portion of the Druid’s ‘Perfect Storm’ key stone passive does not function properly.
- Rabies ability on the Druid does not consistently trigger against larger enemies.
- Druid and Necromancer can at times look brighter than intended on the inventory screen while daylight in-game.
Diablo 4 Server Slam beta: Other bugs, issues, and error codes
While these bugs, issues, and error codes aren't as widespread as the ones described above, they're still affecting many Diablo 4 Server Slam beta players. As such, we're documenting them as well. As players report additional problems and potential workarounds, we'll keep this section updated with the latest information.
Diablo 4 beta character deleted
Players may encounter a rather severe bug that causes their character to be deleted after they've closed the game or it crashed. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about this on the player's end, but thankfully this issue does appear to be a rare one.
Diablo 4 'Game Servers Are Not Available' error
You might see this message due to the stress that Diablo 4's servers are currently under. It indicates that your game client is unable to connect to the servers. Simply trying to get into the game again might fix this. If this error persists, try restarting your game.
Diablo 4 'Your Account is Currently Locked' error
This error message has alarmed many players trying to get into Diablo 4, as it seems like the type of message you'd see if your account was banned. Don't worry, though, because this is simply a server-related error. If you see this error pop up, you'll need to wait a few minutes before trying to play again. If you try to queue into the game right away after seeing this message, it will continue to appear.
Diablo 4 'Unable to Find Valid Licence Fix' error
This error was displayed to players that tried to play the Diablo 4 beta before its servers were up and running. If you're still seeing it now that the beta is live, try restarting the game. If the issue persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Diablo 4 Server Slam beta.
Diablo 4 beta 'Stuck on Authentication Pending'
If you see this message while in the Diablo 4 queue, don't back out of it! It simply means that the servers are having a little trouble. It doesn't seem like your position in the queue is lost when this message appears, so simply be patient and this message should go away after a bit of time. Blizzard says it's working on solving an issue with its authentication servers, so hopefully this error is resolved soon.
Diablo 4 beta stuck at character creation
A glitch may occur that prevents you from advancing past Diablo 4's character creation screen. If this happens, close and relaunch the game and it should fix the problem.
Diablo 4 beta error code 300202, 300008, or 316719
Players may see one of these error codes after they finish making their character and attempt to load into Diablo 4. As far as we can tell, this error code simply indicates that the servers are overwhelmed and that you should keep trying to get into the game. Select the "Accept" button and then keep selecting "Start Game" until you're successfully able to play.
Diablo 4 beta error code 316719
This error boots you to the main menu, and seems to occur whenever you level your character up. Unfortunately there's no current workaround for this issue, but we expect that it won't happen frequently once Blizzard is able to alleviate the strain on Diablo 4's servers.
Diablo 4 is slated to fully launch on June 6, 2023, with the Server Slam scheduled to run from May 12-14. It has the potential to be one of the best Xbox games for fans of dungeon crawlers and hack-and-slash combat, and we can't wait to jump into the full experience.