Download these best Firefox Addons 2020; which doubles as the best Mozilla Firefox Plugins 2020. Often regarded as the best Firefox add ons for developers, these Firefox recommended extensions are must for any user – beginners or advanced.
How to Install Firefox Addons?
- To install addons on Firefox browser, simply head to the official Mozilla Extensions website and search for the addons you would like to install.
- Open the desired extension’s page.
- Click on “Add to Firefox” button.
- Click “Add” when the browser will ask you if you want to install the addon.
- In a few moments the addon should be installed on your browser.
To access the list of installed addons any time on the about:addons page of your browser.
Mozilla Firefox Plugins & Add-Ons – 2020
Here’s a list of the most useful Firefox addons that you must download:
AdBlocker Ultimate is designed with a single purpose in mind to remove all ads and focus your attention on the content you want.
- Remove all ads
- Block malware and tracking
- Improve browser performance
- No “acceptable” ads or whitelisted websites/ad networks
AdBlocker Ultimate is a free extension that blocks ads and malicious domains known to spread malware, disables tracking. We have included a few extensive filters that offer decent protection against annoying, flashy ads, YouTube commercials, and more. Unlike other adblockers we do not have a whitelist for websites, advertisers or ad networks to show you unwanted ads. Blocking ads will speed up your website load speed, decrease CPU and memory usage.
Encrypt the web! HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox extension to protect your communications by enabling HTTPS encryption automatically on sites that are known to support it, even when you type URLs or follow links that omit the https: prefix.
It comes in use when many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.
The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS.
Lightshot is a tool allowing you to easily make screenshots of any selected area in a browser tab. You just hit Lightshot icon on the toolbar or status bar, then select area you want to make a screenshot from and click “Save” or “Upload to server”. In case of uploading you instantly get link to a screenshot you’ve just uploaded.
It is possible to resize and move selection area right in a browser tab without opening any additional applications. That makes the process very simple and easy. You also can edit your screenshots (add text, draw lines and more other functions).
Protects you against tracking through “free”, centralized, content delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from breaking. Complements regular content blockers.
Websites have increasingly begun to rely much more on large third-parties for content delivery. Canceling requests for ads or trackers is usually without issue, however blocking actual content, not unexpectedly, breaks pages. The aim of this add-on is to cut out the middleman by providing lightning speed delivery of local (bundled) files to improve online privacy.
FoxyProxy is a Firefox extension which automatically switches an internet connection across one or more proxy servers based on URL patterns. Put simply, FoxyProxy automates the manual process of editing Firefox’s Connection Settings dialog. Proxy server switching occurs based on the loading URL and the switching rules you define.
- Custom colors make it easy to see which proxy is in use
- Advanced logging shows you which proxies were used and when
- (optional) Automatically synchronize all of your proxy settings with your other Firefox instances when you use Firefox Sync. Import/Export settings to files when not using Firefox Sync.
- Import/Export patterns to share with others.
Flagfox is an extension that displays a flag icon indicating the current
webserver’s physical location. Knowing where you’re connected to adds
an extra layer of awareness to your browsing and can be useful to
indicate the native languages and legal jurisdictions that may apply.
Additional information can be obtained via a multitude of external
lookups and users can add their own custom actions. All actions can be
added to the flag icon’s context menu and set to icon click or keyboard
shortcuts for quick access.
Clicking the flag icon loads our default action, Geotool, which gives a detailed map showing the city the server is in and other useful information such as its local time and ISP. Many other actions are available for a wide range of uses such as:
- Site safety and malware checks
- Finding similar sites and reviews
- Automatic translation to your language
- SEO and web development research
- Diagnostics like pings and traceroutes
- Whois and DNS information
- Page code validation
- Quick URL shortening
- Copying a server’s IP address or other info
- or you can create your own custom actions!
Facebook Container works by isolating your Facebook identity into a separate container that makes it harder for Facebook to track your visits to other websites with third-party cookies.
How does it work?
- Installing this extension closes your Facebook tabs, deletes your Facebook cookies, and logs you out of Facebook.
- The next time you navigate to Facebook it will load in a new blue colored browser tab (the “Container”).
- You can log in and use Facebook normally when in the Facebook Container. If you click on a non-Facebook link or navigate to a non-Facebook website in the URL bar, these pages will load outside of the container.
- Clicking Facebook Share buttons on other browser tabs will load them within the Facebook Container. You should know that using these buttons passes information to Facebook about the website that you shared from.
Video DownloadHelper is the most complete tool to extract videos and image files from Web sites and save them to your hard drive.
Just surf the Web as you are used to, when DownloadHelper detects it can do something for you, the toolbar icon highlights and a menu allows you to download files by simply clicking an item.
For instance, if you go to a YouTube page, you’ll be able to download the video directly on your file system. It also works with most video sites like DailyMotion, Facebook, Periscope, Vimeo, Twitch, Liveleak, Vine, UStream, Fox, Bloomberg, RAI, France 2-3, Break, Metacafe and thousands others.
Video DownloadHelper supports several types of streamings, making the add-on unique amongst Video downloaders: HTTP, MP2T, F4F, … Whenever a site uses a non-supported streaming technology, Video DownloadHelper is also able to capture directly from the screen and generate a video file out of it.
Search by Image is a Firefox extension which enables you to initiate a reverse image search from the right-click context menu or the browser toolbar, and comes with support for more than 20 search engines.
Images positioned at the selected area are detected regardless of how they were embedded in the page. The extension also supports uploading local images, searching for video frames, capturing details within images, and searching for images from private sites.
LastPass is a password manager that simplifies everything you do online by remembering your passwords, logging into your sites with one click, creating strong passwords for every account, and so much more.
With LastPass, you only remember one master password and LastPass takes care of the rest. It fills your logins for you and instantly syncs from your desktop to your laptop, your computer to your smartphone, your tablet to the web, so you never struggle to remember another password. LastPass is free no matter what device you use.
Why Use a Password Manager?
- Save, encrypt and backup all your passwords and logins, automatically
- Sync your data no matter which browser, computer, or mobile device you use
- Only one strong master password to remember
- Securely store more logins, with more universal recognition of websites, including bank logins
- All the features you need to be more productive and efficient
- Only YOU know your master password, LastPass never has your key
- Secure offline access to your data via the browser extensions and mobile apps
Bonus 3 – Firefox AddOns & Extensions
With this extension you can check text with the free style and grammar checker LanguageTool. LanguageTool finds many errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, like mixing up there/their, a/an, or repeating a word, and it can detect some grammar problems. It supports more than 25 languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, and Russian.
LanguageTool checks the spelling and grammar of almost any text you type on the web. It is compatible with almost all text, regardless of source, including social networks such as Twitter or LinkedIn and online e-mail services, such as Gmail.
Automatically locates and displays your current weather, hourly and 5 day forecast. The app icon will automatically update to your current temperature. Very easy to use with more features coming soon!
- DarkSky Api
- English, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Turkish and German support
- Multiple locations
- Animated icons
- Precipitation/Severe weather alerts
- Temperature in badge icon
- Set custom location by address or zip code
- Choose Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Settings sync between devices
- Weather Alerts
- Hourly forecast
- 5 day forecast
- 12h/24h time format
- Easy to use
Makes every page (or only pages that you want) to have light text on dark background. Exact colors are customizable. This is a great addon for eyes. It reduces stress on the eyes when reading in low light settings and night or dark environment.
Download these Firefox Add Ons and get started.