If the Enhancements tab is missing in Sound settings or Speakers Properties for Realtek Audio or Conexant SmartAudio users on your Windows 10 device after upgrading from the previous build of Windows, then this post will help you successfully resolve the issue.
The Enhancements tab allows you to control various settings such as Bass Boost, Virtual Surround, Room Correction, etc.
Enhancements tab missing in Speakers Properties
Users of two different Audio driver vendors (Realtek Audio and Conexant SmartAudio) report this issue.
So, if you’re faced with this issue, depending on your audio driver vendor, you can try the recommended solutions below to resolve the issue.
Fix for Conexant SmartAudio users
Do the following:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type
appwiz.cpland hit Enter to launch the Programs and Features applet.
- In the Programs and Features window, scroll and find Conexant SmartAudio from list.
- Right-click on the entry and select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
The Enhancements tab should now be restored.
Fix for Realtek Audio users
Do the following:
- Press Windows key + X to open the Power User Menu.
- Tap M key on the keyboard to open Device Manager.
- Once you’re inside Device Manager, scroll down through the list of installed devices and expand the Sound, video and game controllerssection.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select Disable device.
- Right-click again and this time click on Update driver software.
- Opt for Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
You’ll be prompted to select the driver that you want to install for the device. You might see a list of available drivers.
- Click on High definition audio device and then click Next.
- When prompted, select Yes and a confirmation window should appear indicating that the process has completed.
- When prompted to reboot, click Yes.
You have now successfully replaced the Realtek audio drivers with the default high definition audio device drivers for Windows 10 and this should restore the enhancements tab back.