Fallout 4 PS4 mods are finally here, and despite their limitations, the feature has been working pretty flawlessly on Sony’s console. Here are five of the very best mods you should try right now. Those of you on Xbox One and PC probably have similar versions on your respective platforms too.
1) Immersive-Gameplay (PlayStation): Just in case Survival Mode was too easy for you, this mod by Jacomel takes Bethesda’s open-world experience and makes it more brutally difficult than you ever thought possible. Armed with the meager scraps in your pre-war basement, the rest of the challenge is up to you. The ultimate goal of this mod is to make the vanilla experience more realistic and punishing.
Jacomel’s ‘Fallout 4’ survival mod makes the PS4 version of the game brutally hard for those who demand a challenge.
This feat is accomplished in a number of ways, including slower leveling with no health gain, lower base health and more sophisticated enemies. For reference, your standard health is just 20 HP while human foes have 50 to 120. Mutants get even more powerful than that as they increase in size. This mod certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, and, as Dark Souls fans say, you have to “git gud” to enjoy it. [ Link ]
2) SimpleGreen: Fallout 4 takes place during a nuclear apocalypse, so some fans might feel that the environment Bethesda has created doesn’t look quite decayed enough. SimpleGreen by ANDREWCX fixes that problem by covering the Commonwealth in green grass. As one would expect, there are also more trees to look at too.
SimpleGreen by ANDREWCX adds lush green plans to enhance the survival aspects of Bethesda’s open world on PS4.
This is really more of an aesthetic mod than a functional one, but it does take the survival aspect of Fallout 4 to a whole new level. The PS4 version can’t support custom greenery, but it’s still pretty cool anyway. [ Link ]
3) Unlocked Settlement Objects: Also from ANDREWCX, this mod quickly unlocks almost all settlement-related items in the game for the tiny price of one cap. The developer is still working through the PS4 creation kit to get every last viable asset, but pretty much everything is there already.
This ‘Fallout 4’ PS4 mod by ANDREWCX unlocks all settlement items in an instant.
The benefits of this mod are obvious. It allows wasteland dwellers to trick out their communities with all kinds of walls, beds, statues and even a UFO. Not everyone was totally enraptured by Fallout 4’s settlement building, but this mod may make it a bit more free and fun for the naysayers. This tweak is a boon for the creatively minded. [ Link ]
4) Zombie Walkers: We know lots of Walking Dead fans read our site, and this PS4 mod is for them. Crafted by joefor, this fan creation essentially alters the Feral Ghoul enemy and turns it into a Romero-style zombie. With eight different types to work from, each with their own clothing variations, you really do get a solid sense of undead uniqueness. To make things even more exciting, zombies often spawn in large herds too. This is another mod that makes Survival Mode better.
Zombies have invaded ‘Fallout 4’ thanks to this cool PS4 mod from joefor. Watch out for herds of the undead as you explore the wasteland.
In terms of combat, these revised Feral Ghouls move significantly slower but pack a more powerful punch if they’re able to get in close. This is simply a fun way to experience something new in the wasteland. [ Link ]
5) Unified Clothing Overhaul: For folks who want their character to have a very specific look without any stat compromises, this PS4 mod is a must-have. Made by ANDREWCX, it infuses all clothing and accessories with ballistic weave and lining elements. There’s also an invisible option that offers armor qualities without any extra wearables at all. Want bullets to bounce off you like Superman? You can do that with this mod. It also offers the ability to craft a bunch of different armor and weapon types in an instant.
Want to make your ‘Fallout 4’ clothing strong enough to withstand bullets? Check out ANDREWCX’s UCO mod on PS4.
However, its usefulness is also cosmetic. For one, all small accessories can now be worn under armor. Decal swaps provide different looks for said armor, and extra costumes can be unlocked too. In few words, this may be the single most versatile mod the PS4 has to offer. [ Link ]
Fallout 4 is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. All platforms support mods. Check out an early list of supported PS4 mods here.
What do you think of Fallout 4 PS4 mods so far? Did Bethesda deliver despite the limitations? Tell us in the comments section!