This week EA Sports released Title Update #2 for FIFA 17 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. This patch, the second since the game’s release, fixes minor things, including fixes to rendering, frame-rate and audio issues. But if past FIFA releases are any indication, this is just the beginning of EA Sports releasing more updates through the end of the year.
The major issues that were addressed in this patch were in the presentation aspects of FIFA 17 . Improving frame rates prior to skill games is something that many were excited about. These games may be the underlying highlight of FIFA 17 as you could sometimes forget about the full match you are about to play in favor of running 2-on-1 drills against the AI. Trust me, it has happened.
Another aspect of this latest FIFA 17 update are the fixes in the updated player faces. PES 2017 released an update a couple weeks ago to introduce over 30 new player models. This was most likely noticed by EA Sports, which proceeded to add even more player models to FIFA 17 . EA Sports has the resources to continuously add player models weekly if needed, as opposed to PES 2017 , which strategically adds things in post-release. It will be interesting to see if the team at FIFA adds more player models in subsequent updates or if they will leave it where it is.
Below is the entire list of the fixes in Title Update #2 for FIFA 17 . Let us know what you think about the update in our comment section.
Visual / Presentation changes:
- Several new or updated player faces rendered for accurate character likeness.
- General overlay adjustments.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Spanish crowds now use the authentic audio when reacting to a goal.
- Black custom kits no longer clash with referee kits.
Addressed the following in Pro Clubs:
- The flair trait is now available for all Pros.
- Carrying over your Virtual Pro from FIFA 16 now correctly unlocks all passive traits.
- An issue where players could receive excessive skill points.
In The Journey:
- Localized audio and character speech for the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Mexican Spanish.
- Various presentation improvements.
Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- General stability fixes in FIFA Ultimate Team and other online game modes.