- Firefox is a reliable browsing solution that scores higher than Chrome in certain areas, such as page download speed.
- SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE is one of the most common error codes affecting the browser and in this guide, we will show you how to fix it.
- If you are interested to read more, in our Troubleshooting section, you will find plenty of articles.
- Interested in more tips and tricks on how to improve your Windows 10 browsing experience? Check out our Browsers Hub for more guides.
Some Firefox users have posted on the Mozilla forum about a SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE error. This error can occur when users open webpages in Firefox.
The error message states:
An error occurred during a connection to. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE.
Consequently, users can’t open website pages when Firefox displays that error message.
We will explore in this article a few methods that can help you fix the error message above. Read on to find out how.
How can I fix SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE errors?
1. Switch to another browser
If you have trouble opening web pages in Firefox on a permanent basis, you should consider switching to Opera. Based on the impressive core features of the browsers, we think you won’t face the same issues while using it.
Opera’s amazing functionalities will outweigh many well-known plugins, including Chrome or Mozilla. The video pop-up, built-in VPN, integrated messenger, and My Flow are some of the biggest enhancements to Opera.
Due to the built-in ad blocker, your webpages will load faster and you’ll not be bothered by unnecessary advertisements or images.
The software also includes various built-in packages such as task development, battery saving, tabs management, and more in an easy-to-use interface. Opera ‘s latest design is awesome, intuitive, and highly customizable.
If you want a reliable browser, fast connection with a flexible and easy to customize interface then this is your best choice!
Free Visit website Read more
2. Update Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- Click Firefox’s Open menu button.
- Click Help to open further menu options.
- Select the About Firefox option.
- Press the Restart to update Firefox button.
3. Check the time and date in Windows 10
- Click the system tray clock at the right of the taskbar.
- Press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword time in the search box.
- Click Change the date and time to open the Settings window.
- Turn on the Set the time automatically option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- Click the Change button to manually adjust the time and date settings.
- Press the Change button, and restart Windows.
Note: You might also need to replace your PC’s CMOS battery if the date and time keep changing in Windows. You can do that by removing the old CMOS from the motherboard, but some users might prefer to hand their PCs to IT repair services to replace CMOS batteries.
4. Turn off OCSP verification
- Launch Firefox.
- Click the Settings menu and select Options.
- Click Privacy and Security on the left of the tab.
- Scroll down to the Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certification option.
- Deselect the selected Query OCSP responder servers checkbox.
- Close and restart Firefox
By following these steps, you should be able to completely fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Mozilla Firefox.
That being said, leave us a message in the comments section below, and tell us which of the above-mentioned methods worked best for you.
FAQ: Learn more about the SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE error
- What is OCSP?
OCSP is the abbreviation for Online Certificate Status Protocol which is an Internet protocol utilized for conveying certificate revocation information. The information is used for security purposes.
- How does OCSP work?
Firefox sends a request to the OCSP server run by the Certificate Authority requesting information about the website’s certification status. The server then responds to the browser’s request indicating whether the certificate is still valid or has already been revoked.
- Does OCSP slow down browsing?
OCSP requests can slow down HTTPS connections. New certificates force the browser to make new requests which take more time to complete. If the browser cannot connect to the OCSP server of the Certificate Authority, it must either drop the connection or keep it.