Some Firefox users have posted on the Mozilla forum about a SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error. That error can occur when users open webpages in Firefox.
The error message states:
An error occurred during a connection to. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE.
Consequently, users can’t open website pages when Firefox displays that error message.
How do I fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error?
1. Update Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- Click Firefox’s Open menu button at the top right of its window.
- Click Help to open further menu options.
- Select the About Firefox option to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Press the Restart to update Firefox button.
2. Check the time and date in Windows 10
- Click the system tray clock at the right of the taskbar to open the calendar shown directly below.
- If the time and date don’t seem quite right, press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword time in the search box.
- Click Change the date and time to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Turn on the Set the time automatically option.
- Restart your desktop or laptop.
- If the Set the time automatically option was already selected and doesn’t change the time and date, turn that setting off.
- Click the Change button to manually adjust the time and date settings as required.
- Press the Change button, and restart Windows.
The SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error often arises when the Windows system clock time is ahead or behind your time zone’s actual time and date.
3. Turn off OCSP verification
- Launch Firefox
- Click Open menu and Options to open the tab in the shot shown directly below.
- Click Privacy and Security on the left of the tab.
- Then scroll down to the Query OCSP responder servers to confirm the current validity of certifications option.
- Deselect the selected Query OCSP responder servers checkbox.
- Close and restart Firefox
Those are three resolutions that will probably fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error for most Firefox users.
You might also need to replace your PC’s CMOS battery if the date and time keeps changing in Windows.
You can do that by removing the old CMOS from the motherboard, but some users might prefer to hand their PCs to IT repair services to replace CMOS batteries.
By following these steps, you should be able to completely fix the SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE error in Mozilla Firefox.