What to do if your iPhone or iPad isn’t working like it should.
While the iPhone and iPad are great, well-made computing devices, like any such products, they can become slow or even freeze up from time to time. There are a number of causes for these issues, as well as an array of potential solutions.
Here’s what you can do if your iPhone or iPad is slow or unresponsive.
- Kill recent apps in your Fast App Switcher. Perhaps a rogue process is consuming your device’s memory.
- Restart your iPhone (soft or hard reset).
- Delete and re-install any apps that repeatedly give you problems.
- If you’re jailbroken with a number tweaks running on your iPhone or iPad, try removing them, then re-adding them one at a time to find the source of any issues.
- Update your iPhone to the latest firmware.
- Restore your iPhone as new. This is a move of last resort, and here, you’re not restoring from a backup. You’ll need to re-install everything on your iPhone or iPad on your own.