This post will show how to add a new Wi-Fi network profile in Windows 10. You can add network details such as network name, security type, key, etc., to add a wireless network profile using two simple and built-in options of Windows 10. Once the network profile is added, you can easily connect with that network when available. Even if someone deletes the Wi-Fi network profile accidentally, you can add that network profile manually anytime using these two options.
Add new Wi-Fi Network Profile in Windows 10
Here are the options:
- Using Settings app
- Using Control Panel.
Let’s check these two options.
1] Using Settings app
These are the steps:
- Press Win+I hotkey to open the Settings app
- Click on Network & Internet category
- Access WiFi page using the left sidebar
- Select manage known networks option on the right section
- Click on Add a new network option.
A separate window will pop up. There, fill in network profile details (network name, security key, etc.).
If you want, you can also select other two options- Connect automatically and Connect even if this network is not broadcasting.
Finally, press the Save button. This will add and store the WiFi network profile.
2] Using Control Panel
Here are the steps:
- Type control panel in the Search box
- Press Enter key to open Control Panel
- Click on the Network and Internet category
- Click on Network and Sharing Centre option
- Click on Set up a new connection or network option available in Network and Sharing Centre window
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network option
- Press the Next button
- Provide wireless network details like security type, network name, etc.
- Press the Next button.
Read next: How to set up a wireless network connection.
This will successfully add that particular WiFi network profile. And, using both of these options, you can add more and more WiFi network profiles.
Hope it is helpful.