This quick tip shows you how to change the position of on screen notifications in Ubuntu 18.04 Gnome desktop.
I’ve written about how to customize on screen notifications in Ubuntu Unity by installing a patched version of Notify OSD daemon.
Ubuntu 18.04 ships with Gnome 3 desktop by default. Desktop appearances can be tweaked by installing Gnome Shell extensions.
1. For those never installed a Gnome Shell extension, click the link below to install some required packages:
2. Panel OSD is a Gnome extensions that allows to move screen notification position, and change time-out delay.
Go to the link below in your web browser and turn on the switch to install the extension:
3. Once installed the extension, install Gnome Tweaks in Ubuntu Software, and configure it in Gnome Tweaks -> Extensions tab.
- Download Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) CD/DVD
- How to Install Laravel 5.6 PHP Framework with Nginx on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to Install Magnolia CMS on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Using Flatpak on Ubuntu and Other Linux Distributions [Complete Guide]
- How to Set Different Wallpaper for Each Monitor in Linux
- How to Remove Trash Icon From Desktop in Ubuntu 17.10 and 18.04
- How to Fix Right Click Touchpad Not Working on Ubuntu 18.04 [Quick Tip]
- gksu Removed From Ubuntu, Here’s What You Can Use Instead
- Add ‘New Document’ Option in Right Click Context Menu in Ubuntu 18.04 [Quick Tip]
- Getting Real GNOME Back in Ubuntu 18.04 [Quick Tip]