Windows 11 ISO images are now available! Despite Microsoft saying that Windows 11 is available for supported PCs only, it can be used on unsupported PCs using ISOs – at your own risk, see below – and all features do work well.
Windows 11 ISO contains Build 22000.194 (version 21H2) of the operating system and it is available in all editions (Pro, Home, Enterprise, Education, etc). The new operating system requires 64-bit processors, so the ISO file is not being offered in the 32-bit version.
Windows 11 version 21H2, otherwise known as October 2021 Update, started rolling out on October 5, but the availability depends on the location of the device. If you can’t wait for the free upgrade notification on Windows Update, you can download ISOs of Windows 11 version 21H2 to update your devices immediately or perform a clean install.
To download the ISO file for Windows 11 version 21H2, you’ve two options – create a media installation image using Media Creation Tool or download the file from Microsoft’s website.
Direct download Windows 11 ISO files from Microsoft
If you need the installation media immediately, follow the guide to get direct download links or use these official links:
The above link has been generated using Microsoft’s website and it will expire automatically after 24 hours. If you’ve downloaded the media image from another source, you can verify the authenticity of your download by following these steps:
- Open Windows PowerShell.
- Use PowerShell command Get-FileHash to compute the hash value for the file.
- In this case, use the command Get-FileHash C:UsersusernameDownloadsWin11_English_x64.ISO
If the SHA256 value matches the below table, you can go ahead with the installation.
In this guide, we’ll highlight step-by-step instructions to generate direct download links for Windows 11 ISO files and apply the upgrade manually.
How to download Windows 11 ISO
To download Windows 11 October 2021 Update ISO, use these steps:
- Open your favourite browser and visit the download page.
- Locate the section “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)”.
- Select “Windows 11” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Download”.
- Select the preferred language. If you’re planning to upgrade the existing hardware, make sure that you verify the configuration by visiting Settings > System > About.
- Click on 64-bit download to begin the process.
What is the size of Windows 11?
The size of the ISO file is 5.1GB, but it could be slightly lower or higher depending on the language pack you select.
How to perform a clean install of Windows
Doing a clean install of the operating system isn’t the same as performing the upgrade via Windows Update. This method is particularly helpful if you’ve already upgraded to Windows 11 via Windows Update and the computer is experiencing slowdowns or design glitches with the taskbar.
To start, you will need access to an 8GB or larger USB flash drive. Once done, follow these steps:
- Download and run the Windows 11 installation tool from Microsoft.
- Procced to create installation media for another PC.
- Under “Choose which media to use”, select USB flash drive.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Select your flash drive.
- Hit ‘Next’ one more time.
- Select “Finish’ to start downloading Windows 11 and creating the USB installation drive.
Once done, boot your PC from the USB drive. The boot menu keyboard shortcut depends on the manufacturer of the device, but it’s generally
When you see the blue screen with the installation window, the rest of the process is quite straightforward. Essentially, you’ll choose the partition, language, operating system edition and Microsoft will do the rest.