In this article, we will see how to enable HDR on Xbox series S/X. You can also learn how to enable HDR on TVs of various brands with some very simple steps. So, let us go to the guide.
Enable HDR ON Xbox Series S and Xbox X
HDR or High Dynamic Range is a display technology that allows the display to gather information and show an image built from a wider gamut of color and with enhanced brightness. It also increases the contrast of the image. If a portion of the image is brighter, it will appear bright and the darks will appear much darker giving the video better aesthetics.
To enable HDR on Xbox series S/X, follow the prescribed steps.
- Turn on your Xbox series and click on the Xbox button to open the Xbox guide.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click on the TV and Display option, and choose Video modes.
- Tick the box next to Allow 4K to enable HDR.
- Now, tick on the Allow HDR to turn on the HDR.
We are also going to see how to enable HDR on various TVs.
Enable HDR Xbox Seris S/X on Samsung 4K TVs
Samsung’s new default setting for HDR and low latency is a good combination, therefore we suggest you utilize this mode. You can also turn on HDR manually for each HDMI port.
Execute the steps given below to enable Xbox S/X on Samsung 4K TVs.
- Go to Source/Home and click on the HDMI port on your Xbox.
- Click on the Settings option and then select Game mode.
Alternatively, you can also follow the given steps to enable HDR.
- Navigate to the Settings tab, and click on the Picture options.
- Select either one, Expert settings or Picture Mode.
- Navigate to HDMI UHD color and enable it for needed HDMI ports.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on LG 4K TVs
The quality of 4K HDR quality that LG TVs can show has received high acclaim. You must enable HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color on the appropriate HDMI ports in order to experience HDR while gaming and here’s how to do so.
- Use your remote to choose Settings and go to the All settings tab.
- In the General tab, click on the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color.
- Select the HDMI ports you want to use and turn on the function.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on Vizio 4K TVs
You can use HDR on some of Vizio’s HDMI ports according to your TV model. Follow the steps given to enable it.
- Launch your SmartCast app and then go to the Settings tab.
- Click on Inputs and then select HDMI Color Subsampling.
- Now, select the relevant HDMI port and enable HDR.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on Sony Bravia 4k TVs
HDR on Sony Bravia is turned off by default, you can turn on the Enhanced Format Setting, to make your Sony compatible with 4K HDR, and here’s how you can do the same.
- Click on the Home button to open the Menu.
- Now, go to the Settings, and click on External Inputs.
- Choose HDMI Signal Format which was earlier set as Standard Format.
- Switch the signal format to Enhance format.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on Panasonic 4K TVs
You have to manually allow each port to use HDR ON Panasonic 4K TVs and here’s what to do.
- Click the Menu button on the remote.
- Go to the Set Up tab and click on the HDMI HDR Setting.
- Choose the HDMI port of your Xbox server S/X and then switch it ON options.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on Philips 4K TVs
You’ll get Legacy mode which is a default setting on TV Philips. To enable HDR, you have to manually turn on the functionality of each HDMI port and switch the settings to Normal Mode. Follow the prescribed steps to enable HDR.
- Click the Menu button from your remote.
- Go to Setup and click on TV Settings.
- Select Installation and then choose Preferences.
- Click on the HDMI Code and then select the HDMI Port of your connected Xbox.
- Change the Legacy Mode to Normal.
Enable HDR on Xbox Series S/X on TCL 4K TVs
Although TCL TVs are sometimes less expensive than those made by other companies, they frequently struggle to recognize HDR content. If so, you’ll have to manually configure the HDMI connector so that HDR is supported and the steps are.
- Navigate to the Settings option, and click on TV Inputs.
- Choose HDMI Mode and switch the port to HDMI 2.0 Mode.
That is how you can enable HDR on multiple TVs
If you want to know if your device supports HDR, follow these steps.
- Click on the Xbox button on your controller.
- Navigate to the Settings, and click on the TV and Display options.
- Click on Video Output and then select Advanced Video Settings.
- Lastly, select 4K TV Details.
After enabling HDR, you can use see green checkmarks next to features like HDR-10 support and/or Dolby Vision Support. Additionally, you can be able to verify additional characteristics like 120hz compatibility, which differ from company to company, tv to tv.
Does the Xbox series s support HDR?
Only Xbox Series X|S consoles feature auto HDR. Before using Auto HDR, you must have a TV that supports HDR10 and have the HDR10 option enabled in settings. Some games do not support auto HDR. So you won’t see the effects when playing those games.
How do you turn on HDR on Xbox Series S?
Check out the steps mentioned above to turn on HDR on an Xbox Series S console. All you have to do is configure its settings and you will be good to go. Hopefully, you can enable the High Dynamic Range feature using this post.