Google released the Android 11 recently to all the supported Pixel smartphones. Right after the release of the Android 11 for those devices, other brands also announced their own OS release based on the latest version of Android. OnePlus is one of those brands and it announced OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 series.
OnePlus has released the public beta builds of the OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro smartphones. If you own one of these devices and want to install it on your phone then follow the simple guide below.
- We recommend you not to install this beta on the primary phone because it may contain serious bugs.
- Create a backup of all your important files so it won’t get wiped if something goes wrong.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery juice to go through the installation process. You can also keep the phone connected to the charger during the process.
- You should not try this installation process on any other OnePlus variant, it won’t work or may damage your device.
Steps to Install the OxygenOS 11 on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Download the Oxygen OS 11 update package for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Once you download it, move that package to the smartphone’s internal storage. Make sure you copy it to the root directory, not inside any folder.
- Now, on the phone go to the Settings > System > System update.
- Tap the little cog in the top right corner and select Local Upgrade. Select the update package and confirm the installation taping the Install Now on the popup.
- The update will start to install and it will ask to reboot the phone once done.
This is how you can install the OxygenOS 11 Beta build 1 on your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro. For more installation guides follow us on social media pages to stay updated.
The post How to Install Android 11 Based OxygenOS 11 on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro appeared first on Gadgets To Use.