qBittorrent v3.2.4 is released. How to install qBittorrent v3.2.4 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Derivatives. qBittorrent is a BitTorrent Client for Ubuntu Desktop.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD). qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. qBittorrent is a powerful BitTorrent client which comes with a well-integrated and extensible search engine UI. It can simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites and comes with various per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies). The UPS of the software is the ability to remote control through a web user interface. It is nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax.
It comes with an advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents. It enables Torrent queueing and prioritizing and Torrent content selection and prioritizing. The software is available in ~41 languages (Unicode support).
Saturday October 10th 2015 – qBittorrent v3.2.4 release
qBittorrent v3.2.3 is released. This release finally fixes an obscure “hit-and-run” bug with trackers. It is actually a libtorrent bug which is fixed in their source. But for fixing builds that will use older versions of libtorrent (eg on Linux) I made a change in the v3.2.4 code that will circumvent the bug anyway. This version should be the last in the v3.2.x series. The upcoming v3.3.x is pretty stable and we’ll focus to streamline it for release.
PS: Ubuntu and OS X builds will be available in a few hours.
- FEATURE: Select the file of single file torrents when opening destination folder (pmzqla)
- BUGFIX: Fix crash with invalid favicon. Closes #3632. (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Try to download favicon.png when the download of favicon.ico fails (pmzqla)
- BUGFIX: Try to avoid loading a corrupted configuration file. Also log errors encountered while saving/loading the configuration. Closes #3503. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Allow adding torrent link from Torcache (jsayol)
- BUGFIX: Don’t limit the number of torrents that can be announced to the tracker/dht/lsd. Closes #3473. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix potential crash when memory allocation failed. Closes #3877. (Chocobo1)
- COSMETIC: Change Queue buttons order in the Toolbar (GUI & Web UI) (ngosang)
- COSMETIC: Move option “Ignore transfer limits on local network” to Speed page (Chocobo1)
- COSMETIC: Move option “Confirm torrent deletion” to Behavior page (Chocobo1)
- COSMETIC: Fix typos. Make `μTP` untranslatable. Use American variation of words. Closes #3654. (sledgehammer999)
- COSMETIC: Optimize text color for dark themes. Closes #3633 and #3815. (sledgehammer999)
- COSMETIC: Show current label in the torrent context menu. Closes #3776. (sledgehammer999)
- WEBUI: Add save_path to /query/torrents (Casey Bodley)
- WEBUI: Bump API_VERSION to 5
- SEARCH: Fix python detection when the ‘Anaconda’ software is installed. Closes #3731. (sledgehammer999)
- RSS: Handle magnet links as torrents instead of news URLs. Closes #3560 (ngosang)
- RSS: Trim elements text in RSS articles (ngosang)
- RSS: Fix contextual menu in RSS torrents list (ngosang)
- RSS: Improve error handling when a RSS feed doesn’t contain torrents (ngosang)
- RSS: More precise message and code simplification in RSS feeds deletion (ngosang)
- RSS: Don’t hide the elements in Unread list when clicked (ngosang)
- RSS: Allow multiple selection in RSS torrents list (ngosang)
- RSS: Simplify string translation (ngosang)
- RSS: Handle more types of RSS feeds (ngosang)
- RSS: Fix RSS panel position not saved (ngosang)
- RSS: Fix forgetting label changes to first item in RSS rule list. (Gelmir)
- RSS: Add label to UI when a new one is creating during rule addition. (Gelmir)
- RSS: Removes refresh message when adding a new feed (ngosang)
- RSS: Fix RSS crash when deleting RSS feeds. Closes #997, #2152, #2461, #3718, #3747, #3766, #3806, #3814, #3829 and #3846. (ngosang)
- RSS: Sort labels in RSS Downloader dialog, closes #3140. (Chocobo1)
- WINDOWS: Correctly show german letters in the installer. Closes #3574, #3566. (sledgehammer999)
- WINDOWS: Fix file selection on Explorer when the filename contains weird characters. Closes #3185. (sledgehammer999)
- WINDOWS: Fix wrong default download directory in Windows. Closes #2625. (Chocobo1)
- WINDOWS: Fix German translation of the installer. (netswap)
- LINUX: Fix broken .desktop file icon for some locales. See #3905. (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Fix ppc64le detection during configure (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Don’t use sed in configure. Closes #3169. (pmzqla)
- OTHER: Fix broken donation link. Closes #3771. (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Add forum link in README. Closes #3853. (sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: New translation: Esperanto
- OTHER: Fix Qt5 nox build on non-Windows. (sledgehammer999)
Install qBittorrent on Ubuntu
Run the following commands in Terminal to install qBittorrent 3.2.4 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu Derivative Systems.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
Once installed, open qBittorrent client via Ubuntu Dash (see screenshot blow).
If you don’t want to uninstall and remove qbittorrent from Ubuntu Systems, run the command given below:
$ sudo apt-get remove qbittorrent