We all need to pay online or send money to someone and UPI has been the best way to do so in recent times. However, as you know paying via UPI needs an app and an active internet connection to process the payment. So, when sometimes you’re facing connectivity issues, it’s difficult to pay someone. But there’s a trick using which you can send money using UPI without an internet connection.
Send Money Using UPI Without Internet
If you want to make an online payment without the internet or do you have a feature phone with no access to UPI apps, you can make payments using the USSD-based service.
USSD-based mobile banking was launched by the NPIC (National Payments Corporation of India) along with BHIM UPI app back in 2016.
Steps to send money using USSD Code
Before starting, make sure your mobile number is registered with the bank. Also, download the BHIM UPI app and register with your bank account. After that, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the dialer on your phone and dial *99# on your phone. A menu with different options appears including Send Money, Receive Money, etc.
2. Now, reply with 1 to select the Send Money option.
3. Then you’ll now see the options to send money including- Mobile number, UPI ID, or Account No. & IFSC code. Select your preferred option.
4. If you have selected the mobile number, enter the mobile number of the person to whom you’re sending money. Or enter the UPI ID, or account number, and IFSC code.
5. Once you enter that person’s mobile number, UPI ID, or bank account details, you can enter the amount you want to send in rupees.
6. Then you’ll see the name of the beneficiary and you can add remarks if you want.
7. Now, enter your UPI Pin and tap on Send.
That’s it. You’ll get the transaction status along with the reference ID. Currently, you can transfer a maximum of Rs. 5000 per transaction using this service. Using this service, you can send and receive money without any data and even using a basic feature phone.
This was all about how you can send money using UPI without an internet connection.