If you use Google Photos for saving all your photos on your phone, you must know that it doesn’t create separate albums for your different photos. In such a case, it becomes hard to find a particular person’s photo if you’re looking for it. Anyhow, Google Photos now has a feature that lets you search photos by face, place, or things. Here I am going to tell you how you can do this on your phone or PC.
Search Photos by Face on Google Photos
You need to first enable a feature that groups all the similar faces together and you can find your picture from there easily. Read on to know all the steps in the process.
Enable Face Grouping Feature
1. Open the Google Photos app and tap on the profile picture icon at the top right.
2. Now, from the menu select “Google Photos settings”.
3. On the next page, look for “Group similar faces” and tap on it.
4. Enable the toggle next to “Face grouping” to use the feature.
After this Google will group all your photos by faces together and you can search by any face.
Steps to search photos by face
Once you enable the grouping feature, you can start searching photos by face easily. Here’s how:
1. Open Google Photos again and on the main page tap on search from the below options.
2. On the next page, you will now see “People” with faces Google has grouped.
3. Tap on “See All” and then on the next page, you can tap on any face to see all photos with this face.
Similarly, you will see two more options here including Places and Things. You can tap on any of them to see photos taken at a certain place or with a thing.
So this is how you can search photos by face on the Google Photos app as well as website. For more such tips and tricks, follow us on social media.