iPhones and iOS devices are manufactured by Apple Inc who takes special care and attention in making some of the finest devices available in the market. So, with an iPhone, it is very unlikely to have trivial issues. But we know, nothing lasts forever and even the high end iOS devices can also have a downfall. iPhones suffer problems like frozen screen, stuck at a particular Apple logo or simply refuse to turn on ad the screen remains black. All these scenarios are termed as dead iPhone events.
When The iOS Device Does Not Turn On
If your iPhone does not turn on or start, then first plug your device to charge. Charge the device for atleast one hour. A few minutes after that, the charging icon should show up on the screen. If it doesn’t happen, then check if the charger has been plugged in correctly, check the jack, clean the dirt and dust, if any. You can also switch to a different USB cable or power adapter, if you have. If all of these fail, then contact Apple support as they are your last resort in this case.
If your screen is Frozen or Black
In such cases, you should try to force restart your device. Relax, it is not hard reset and hence won’t wipe away your data. Here are the steps to follow for different iOS devices. Let’s start with iPhones first.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier, iPod Touch, you have to press and hold the Home and top buttons simultaneously for a minimum 10 seconds. The Apple logo should appear.
- For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, you have to press and hold the side and Volume up buttons for a minimum 10 seconds and the Apple logo should appear.
- For iPhone 8 and newer versions of iPhones, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then again, press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Next, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button and the same combinations for the Volume Down button as well. Then press and hold the Power button and wait for the device to restart.
If your iOS device gets Stuck To Apple Logo
You can force restart and follow the same steps as for the frozen device or black screen issue.
Dr.fone Repair Data Recovery Software
There is another way out that can solve all these problems with a single shot. It is with the help of third party recovery applications that are readily available in the market. One such software is the dr.fone Repair application.
The salient features of the software are:
- This application can invariably solve a plethora of dead iPhone or dead iPad issues such as iOS device stuck in recovery mode, stuck in Apple Logo, iPhone errors, iTunes errors, errors like 14, 4013, iTunes error 27, device not restarting or stuck at black screen, etc.
- It can solve your dead iPhone issue without any data loss at all.
- It is compatible with all iPhones and iPad models.
- It supports the latest iOS 12 and all predecessors.
A Brief About The Installation Process of dr.fone for Windows 10/ 8.1/7
- The process of installing the software is very fluent and easy. You have to download the Windows version of dr. fone Repair software.
- There are several options such as recover, transfer, repair, switch, erase, restore social app, unlock, etc.
- Choose repair to continue. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Click on Start and the basic details of your iPhone will pop up. Now follow the directions which are self explanatory and can be followed without any difficulty.
- Your device will enter into the DFU mode. You might be required to download the firmware update but that will be possible only if it is needed.
- Follow the remaining instructions and repair your iPhone without fail.
Happiness is that best therapy. Use it to heal yourself and then others!