Do you want to deactivate Instagram account on Android? Here is how to permanently disable Instagram account. Users can also delete Instagram account on Android permanently.
Temporarily disable my Instagram account
To temporarily disable your Instagram account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You can also permanently delete your account. To permanently delete your Instagram account:
- Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
If you’d like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to the username and select Log Out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.
Note that after you delete your account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. We can’t reactivate deleted accounts.
- If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
- When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed.