Android smartphones sold exclusively in select markets generally do not come with all languages. Na primjer, Nokia smartphones sold in China only feature 3 languages – English, Chinese (simplified) and Chinese (traditional). Tako, if you buy (or plan to buy) such a phone, we’ll understand how do you add additional languages (locale) to it. Međutim, do note that some stock apps will not change language even when you have added a new locale.
Add Languages to Android phone without Root
It’s great if you happen to have root access on your Android device. Even if you do not, you can add more locale to it by gaining permission through ADB. Tako, you need to connect your device to the PC or Mac and run a command. The same steps work on all recent versions of Android, including Nougat and Oreo.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Poveznica za skidanje
- On your Android phone, enable developer options.
Otvoren postavke > sistem> Oko and tap 8 times on the build number.
- Omogućiti USB Debugging by going to postavke > sistem > Developer Options.
- Open Play Store on your phone and install app called MoreLocale 2.
- Otvoren MoreLocale app and select the language which you want to add. You can also add a language manually if it does not exist in the list.
- U ovom trenutku, it will show you the Permission Denied error (screenshot below). Dodirnite Show how to use PM command. The next window will show you the ADB command to run.
- Connect the phone to your PC. Then open a Command Prompt window and run the following command:
adb shell pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
- Once again try to set the locale on the phone and you’ll see it taking effect immediately. If it still does not work, then the ADB command is not executed successfully.
Bilješka: Some phones will lose the custom locale upon restart. In such a case, you can make the change permanent by adding one more language to the list of languages and then set it as the primary language. Sada, once again set the new custom local as default by dragging it to the first place.