The nineteenth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare, was released yesterday. PPA’s ready for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 12.04.
0 A.D. Alpha 19 named ‘Syllepsis’. It features new victory modes, a ceasefire game mode, attack coordination, 3 new skirmish maps, new animals, visual replay, and eight times maximum map height support. See release note.
Install 0 A.D. from PPA:
There’s an official PPA repository for all current Ubuntu releases and derivatives. Follow below steps to add PPA and install the game.
1. Add 0 A.D. PPA
Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut key. When it opens, paste below commands and hit Enter:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
Type in your password when it asks, no visual feedback so just type in mind, and hit Enter to continue.
2. Install or Upgrade the game.
If you have a previous version installed on your system, upgrade the game by launching Software Updater and installing available updates after checking for updates:
Or you may run below commands one by one in terminal to refresh system cache and install (or upgrade) the game:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
3. (Optional) Uninstall
remove the PPA via Software & Updates -> Other Software tab and remove the 0 A.D. using Software Center.
- Audacity Audio Editor 2.1.2 Released [Ubuntu PPA]
- Install Free DJ Software Mixxx 2.0 in Ubuntu 15.10, 14.04, 12.04
- `Albert` Quicklauncher PPA Packages Updated
- Install Komodo Edit 9.3 via PPA in Ubuntu 15.10, 14.04
- Install Wine Staging On Ubuntu Via PPA
- Install Blender On Ubuntu, Via Command Line
- Upgrade & Install Linux Kernel 4.5 On Ubuntu Systems
- How To Install Snapcraft – Canonical’s Tool For Creating Snappy Packages
- Install GhostWriter 1.3.2 Distraction-Free Text Editor On Ubuntu
- Install Notepadqq 0.51 On Linux Ubuntu Systems