Install Cantata 2.2.0 on Ubuntu Linux. Cantata is a Qt5 Graphical MPD Client for Linux. Cantata music player for Linux Ubuntu can work on various online services such as Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts and enables radio stream support – with the ability to search for streams via TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
It also supports playback of non-MPD songs – via simple in-built HTTP server if connected to MPD via a standard socket, otherwise filepath is sent to MPD.
Cantata 2.2.0 brings the following changes:
- Add option to specify number of play queue tracks for dynamic playlists.
- Add option to set application style.
- Fix potential issue with priority menu items being disabled.
- When adding items with a custom priority, or updating a custom priority, add option to have this priority decrease with each item.
- Remove unity menu icon work-around.
- To support older GNOME settings daemon installations, if fail to use the new MediaKeys DBUS interface then use the previous.
- Fix desktop detection via XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP – check for colon separated values.
- If an error is to be shown, ensure Cantata is not minimised to system tray.
- If the initial start-up connection fails, try again every .5 second for a few seconds.
- In playlists page, internet, etc, allow back navigation to go fully back.
- Don’t try to seek if no song loaded.
- Only use menubar for macOS builds.
- Smart playlists – like dynamic, but do not auto update.
- Use em-dash to as separator.
- Add device option to only transcode if source is FLAC or WAV (detection is solely extension based).
- Fix extraction of album names from DB – for use in tag editor and playlist rules dialogs.
- Fix some potential security issues – thanks to Jonas Wielicki for the patches.
- Only set Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling for Windows builds.
- Fix sidebar highlight for windows (at least for Windows 10).
- Only enable system tray for Linux if org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher DBUS service is registered.
- Fix MPRIS track path.
- Fix MPRIS can go next/previous state changes.
- When playing MPD’s HTTP output, stop backend when MPD is paused.
Install Cantata 2.2.0 on Ubuntu
Install Cantata 2.2.0 on Ubuntu Linux via ubuntuhandbook PPA:
sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cantata mpd
Cover Image via https://www.ap-linux.com/screenshots/