The Hugin panorama photo stitcher has reached the 2017.0.0 release. The official Ubuntu binary packages are now available via its PPA repository for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10, and derivatives.
Hugin is an easy to use cross-platform panoramic imaging toolchain based on Panorama Tools. With it, you can assemble a mosaic of photographs into a complete immersive panorama, stitch any series of overlapping pictures and much more.
The latest version 2017.0.0 is mainly a bug fix release. Changes include:
- Several fixes for working with HDR images
- Fixes handling of masks in cpfind when images needs remapping for cp finding.
- Sometimes unsaved changes were disregarded without asking the user. Unsaved changes should now always require user confirmation.
- Added special assistant variant for single image projects.
- Display of final panorama dimensions on stitcher tab.
- Extended the user defined output sequences
- Use wxWidgets help windows instead of default browser
- Other small improvements and translation updates.
How to install Hugin 2017 via PPA in Ubuntu:
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the official PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/hugin-builds
Type in your password when prompts and hit Enter
2. Then launch Software Updater and upgrade the software after checking for updates.
How to Restore:
To revert back to the stock version of Hugin packages in your Ubuntu, purge the PPA via command:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:hugin/hugin-builds