LiVES Video Editor 2.8.8 released. Install LiVES Linux video editing software for Linux Ubuntu Systems. LiVES is a Video Editing System which is designed to be simple to use, yet powerful.
LiVES Video Editor is small in size, yet it has many advanced features. LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ’s and video editors – mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.
Video Editing Features
- Loading and editing of almost any video format.
- Most formats can be opened instantly.
- Smooth playback at variable frame rates, forward and in reverse. Display framerate can be controlled independently of playback framerate.
- Frame accurate cutting and pasting within and between clips.
- Saving/re-encoding of clips, selections, and individual frames.
- Lossless backup/restore.
- Streaming input and output.
- Support for live firewire cameras and TV cards
- Real time blending of clips (various chroma and luma blends).
- Can handle in/out streams in LiVES to LiVES or yuv4mpeg format. Streams can be piped from stdout into other applications.
- Supports fixed and variable framerates. Playback rate can be smoothly adjusted independant of display rate.
- Ability to ‘scratch’ with video – that is to move smoothly backwards and forwards through it, and to record yourself doing so.
- Playback can use LiVES’ own internal player, there is also a high performance fullscreen openGL playback plugin.
- Internal support for RGB24, RGBA32, YUVA, YUV, YUV422, YUV420 (jpeg and mpeg), YUYV, YUV411, and UYVY palettes; one step conversion with chroma super and subsampling is implemented.
- Clamped and unclamped YUV is supported.
- Ability to edit many filetypes and sources including remotely located files (with mplayer/ffmpeg libraries), and directories of images.
- Real time capture/recording of interactive (via mouseclicks) external windows.
- Encode to any of the 50+ output formats which are now supported (e.g. mjpeg, mpeg4, mpeg1/2, h264, VCD, SVCD, DVD, ogg/mp4 ogm, Matroska mkv, dv, swf, Ogg Theora, Dirac, MNG, Snow, xvid, and even animated GIF and PDF!)
- Encoder formats can easily be extended through the encoder plugin API.
- LiVES will suggest the best settings for saving to each format.
- Resampling of video (time stretching) to any frame rate (1 to 200 fps – accurate to 8 decimal places); option to auto-resample or speed up/slow down between clips.
- Ability to instantly alter the playback speed of video and audio independently.
- Rotation, resizing and trimming of video clips.
- Deinterlacing, subtitle removal. Auto deinterlacing for dv can be enabled.
- Instant saving/loading of clips for performances/presentations.
Install LiVES Video Editor 2.8.8
Run the following commands in terminal to install LiVES Video Editor 2.8.8 on Ubuntu Linux Systems:
sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/lives
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lives lives-plugins
Once installed, open LiVES Video Editor from Ubuntu Dash.