The latest version of Nvidia Graphics driver for Linux which is Nvidia 367.35 has been released and is available for download. It comes with plenty of fixes and changes. This article will guide you to install Nvidia 367.35 in Ubuntu and Linux Mint systems.
- Fixed a regression that could cause console corruption when resuming from suspend.
- Improved buffer write performance of the nvidia-drm DRM KMS driver by using write-combined DRM Dumb Buffers where available.
- Fixed a bug that caused X to crash when applying changes to the RandR CscMatrix property while VT-switched away from X.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when exiting nvidia-settings on displays with 8 or 15 bit color depths.
- Added support for VDPAU Feature Set H to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver. GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set H are capable of hardware-accelerated decoding of 8192×8192 (8k) H.265/HEVC video streams.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes skip displaying Vulkan frames when the Composite extension is enabled.
- Added support for querying clock values on Pascal GPUs.
- Removed the Base Mosaic configuration option from nvidia-settings on systems where the feature is not actually supported.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-smi to report an inaccurate version number.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a system crash if there was a peer-to-peer mapping still active during CUDA context teardown.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-bug-report.sh from finding relevant messages in kernel log files.
Remove currently installed graphics drivers.
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
Download the appropriate driver from the source. Here are the download links:
End the graphic session with the appropriate command from the list of commands given below:
# For Ubuntu LightDM [DEFAULT] sudo service lightdm stop #For Gnome GDM sudo service gdm stop #For Linux Mint MDM sudo service mdm stop
Make the installer file executable.
chmod +x ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-367.35.run
Run the executable installer file.
sudo sh ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-367.35.run
This will start the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Note : Do not delete the installer file. It will be needed while removing/uninstalling the Nvidia 367.35 driver if it fails to work properly.
sudo sh ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-*-367.35.run --uninstall
This driver can also be installed using PPA in just 4 steps. For this, you will have to add the PPA, update the packages, install the driver and restart the system. Instructions for this are as below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa sudo apt update sudo apt install nvidia-367 reboot
If you wish to remove this, please use below commands:
sudo apt purge nvidia-* sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo reboot