Install Desktop Widgets for Ubuntu. Install PlexyDesk 1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, desktop widgets tool for Linux Systems.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install PlexyDesk 1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, via Plexydesk PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plexydesk/plexydesk
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install plexydesk
Once installed, open Plexydesk from Ubuntu Dash. Please note that the Plexydesk occupies the left-hand screen side. Which means, move Unity launcher to the bottom of the screen or autohide it.
The moment you open Plexydesk, you can see several buttons (options). Click on the configure button to customize the application. The default Plexydesk desktop mode comes with a big blue logo wallpapers. To add widgets and extra options, right-click anywhere.
At moment, very few widgets are supported for Ubuntu Systems. The widgets that can be used are Note pad, Clock, Timer, Calendar and Task pad.
Desktop Calendar – View your daily appointments, browse your calendar & add new events. Desktop Calendar features are:
- Daily Time Line
- Visually shows your daily appointments in a time line
- Day Browser
- Calendar to Quickly navigate past and future appointments
- Supports Multiple Calendars
- Add separate calendars to keep up with your Home, Work, Social life .etc
Desktop Notes – PlexyDesk Quick Notes lets you create great looking ‘Post it’ Notes allowing you to easily access them right from your desktop. Desktop Notes features are:
- Color Code Your Notes
- Highlight your notes with colors
- Image Attachments
- Easily attach images by just dragging & dropping an image on the note
- Auto Save
- Automatically saves and updates notes as you type