Install QOwnNotes on Ubuntu Linux. QOwnNotes is a note taking application and to-do list manager for GNU/Linux. QOwnNotes is similar to a plain-text notepad with markdown support for Linux that works together with ownCloud Notes.
Users are able to write down your thoughts with QOwnNotes and edit or search for them later from your mobile device (like with CloudNotes) or the ownCloud / Nextcloud web-services. The notes are stored as plain text files and you can sync them with your ownCloud or Nextcloud sync client. Of course other software, like Dropbox, Syncthing, Seafile or BitTorrent Sync can be used too.
- Notes can be created, edited, viewed and removed
- List of notes is shown
- The notes folder can be freely chosen (multiple note folders can be used)
- Sub-string searching of notes is possible and search results are highlighted in the notes
- Application can be operated with keyboard shortcuts
- External changes of note files are watched (notes or note list are reloaded)
- Older versions of your notes can be restored from your ownCloud server
- Trashed notes can be restored from your ownCloud server
- Differences between current note and externally changed note are showed in a dialog
- Markdown highlighting of notes and a markdown preview mode
- Notes are getting their name from the first line of the note text (just like in the ownCloud notes web-application) and the note text files are automatically renamed, if the the first line changes
- Compatible with the notes web-application of ownCloud and mobile ownCloud notes applications
- Compatible with ownCloud’s selective sync feature by supporting an unlimited amount of note folders with the ability to choose the respective folder on your server
- Manage your ownCloud todo lists (ownCloud tasks or Tasks Plus / Calendar Plus)
- Encryption of notes (AES-256)
- Dark mode theme support (if your operating system supports it)
- Support for freedesktop theme icons, you can use QOwnNotes with your native desktop icons and with your favorite dark desktop theme
- Support for hierarchical note tagging and note subfolders
- Support for sharing notes on your ownCloud server
- Theming support for the markdown syntax highlighting
- QOwnNotes is available in many different languages like English, German, French, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Hungarian, Dutch and Spanish.
Install QOwnNotes on Ubuntu
Run the following commands in Terminal to install QOwnNotes on Ubuntu Linux Systems:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pbek/qownnotes
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qownnotes
Once installed, open QOWnNotes from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.
Install QOwnNotes On Ubuntu Linux originally posted on Source Digit – Latest Technology, Gadgets & Gizmos.