How to install Sunflower file manager on Linux Ubuntu. The Sunflower is a twin-panel file manager for Linux Ubuntu Systems. It is intended to be an easy-to-use and powerful file manager that seamlessly integrates into the GNOME desktop environment (but not limited to).
The Sunflower File Manager has been released with latest updates and changes. Sunflower 0.2.59 is an cross-platform, open-source file manager for Linux Systems.
- Customizable: Feature-packed configuration to help make the program your own.
- Tabbed Interface: More flexibility in your daily operations through easy to use interface.
- Sessions: Set of tabs for every occasion.
- Emblems: Visually mark your files and directories for quick referrence.
- Built-in Terminal: Quick access to command line interface through terminal tabs, VTE or external.
- Multithreading: Better multitasking with full multithreading support.
- Python and GTK+: Easily extensible with Python and GTK+.
- Keyboard Oriented: Fully optimized for keyboard users
Install Sunflower File Manager
Sunflower file manager can be installed via PPA on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and other Ubuntu Derivatives. Run the following commands in Terminal to install Sunflower file manager:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/sunflower
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sunflower
Once installed, open Sunflower file manager from Ubuntu Dash.