How to install TeamViewer 12 on Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 16.10 Systems. TeamViewer is a remote support and remote access tool for Linux Ubuntu Systems. TeamViewer is designed to run on a broad spectrum of operating systems ranging from the state of the art, such as Windows 10, macOS Sierra, iOS 10, Android 7 Nougat, and Chrome OS, to older operating systems such as Windows XP and OS X 10.8.
The entire feature set specified here pertains to the Windows version. For the exact functionality of the other versions, refer to the respective test version for Mac / Linux / iOS / Android / Universal Windows Platform / BlackBerry.
TeamViewer 12 brings many new features, such as remote quicksteps, intelligent connection setup, device connection reports and faster file transfers. For a much robust and hassle free connectivity, Teamviewer 12 brings cross-platform, mobile-to-mobile remote control and screen sharing for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
TeamViewer 12 Features:
- Remote QuickSteps. Save yourself hundreds of clicks with one-click shortcuts for your most-used remote support actions. (Premium and above)
- Remote control tabs for Mac OS. Conveniently run multiple remote sessions on macOS in tabs with Sierra’s latest tab-view technology.
- Service case notifications. Take swift action on pop-up and email notifications. Delegate tasks faster, for more effective IT support. (Business and above)
- Remote Sticky Note. Leave a message behind for a more personal customer relationship.
- Provides screen sharing with frame rates up to 60 fps (frames per second). No stuttering, no lag.
- Intelligent connection setup. Connect with the best possible quality via automatic intelligent system adjustments, based on your network conditions and system hardware.
- Faster File Transfer. TeamViewer now lets you transfer files up to 20 times faster, with transfer speeds up to 200 MB/s.
- Silent Host Roll Out. With a single click, you can quickly roll out TeamViewer to thousands of your devices simultaneously.
- Remote Device Dashboard. View and take action on critical performance information during a remote session with the new remote device dashboard.
- Device Connection Reports. All inbound connections at a glance in the Management Console. Quickly know who has been connecting to your devices.
Install TeamViewer 12 on Ubuntu
TeamViewer 12 is free for personal use or as a trial version for business users. To install, manually download the TeamViewer 12 from download page. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux/ Ubuntu users can use Terminal commands to download the TeamViewer 12 beta deb package.
Run the following commands in terminal to install TeamViewer 12 on Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install gdebi-core
sudo gdebi teamviewer*.deb
The above command will install the TeamViewer 12 on Linux Ubuntu Systems. Once installed, start Team Viewer 12 from Unity Dash or Terminal.
Please note that to use TeamViewer 12 on Linux Ubuntu, the TeamViewer remote control daemon must be enabled and running on the system. You can manually start the TeamViewer remote control daemon with the command given below:
sudo systemctl start teamviewerd