Install Terminix Terminal Emulator in Ubuntu via PPA. Tilix, formerly known as Terminix is an advanced GTK3 tiling terminal emulator for Linux Ubuntu that follows the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines.
- Custom links – Terminals support custom titles and custom hyperlinks.
- Drag and Drop – Terminals can be re-arranged using drag and drop both within and between windows.
- Image Support – Transparent background image support.
- Multiple Panes – Layout terminals in any fashion by splitting them horizontally or vertically.
- Notifications – Supports notifications when processes are completed out of view.
- Persistent Layouts – Grouping of terminals can be saved and loaded from disk.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Tilix terminal emulator on Ubuntu Systems, via WebUpd8 Tilix PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/terminix sudo apt update sudo apt install tilix
Once installed, open the Tilix emulator from Ubuntu Dash.