Variety Ubuntu desktop wallpaper changer for Linux Ubuntu Systems. Install Variety wallpaper changer 0.6.0 for Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems. Variety changes the desktop wallpaper on a regular basis, using user-specified or automatically downloaded images.
Variety sits conveniently as an indicator in the panel and can be easily paused and resumed. The mouse wheel can be used to scroll wallpapers back and forth until you find the perfect one for your current mood. Apart from displaying images from local folders, several different online sources can be used to fetch wallpapers according to user-specified criteria.
Variety can also automatically apply various fancy filters to the displayed images – charcoal painting, oil painting, heavy blurring, etc. – so that your desktop is always fresh and unique. Applying a heavy blurring filter for example is a great way to get abstract-looking and unobtrusive, yet colorful wallpapers, similar in spirit to the default one in Ubuntu.
Install Variety Wallpaper Changer
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Variety wallpaper changer 0.6.0 for Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:peterlevi/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install variety variety-slideshow
Once installed, open the Variety wallpaper changer from Ubuntu Dash or Terminal.
If you want to uninstall and remove Variety wallpaper changer, run the command given below:
$ sudo apt-get remove variety
- Install Variety Wallpaper Changer on Ubuntu 15.10 & Ubuntu 14.04
- Install Telegram Desktop 0.9.28 (Stable) On Ubuntu Systems
- Install Avidemux 2.6.12 (Video Editing Software) On Ubuntu Systems
- Install Notepadqq 0.51 On Linux Ubuntu Systems
- Install Ambiance & Radiance Flat Colors Theme on Ubuntu Systems
- Install DeaDBeeF 7.0 music player on Ubuntu 15.10 & Ubuntu 15.04
- Install Gscan2PDF On Ubuntu & Scan & Export PDF Files
- How To Install Cantata 2.1 (Music Player) On Ubuntu
- Install Miam Audio Player on Linux Ubuntu Systems
- How To Install Brackets 1.6 Text Editor On Linux Ubuntu Systems