Visual Studio Code 1.16
agosto 2017 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of significant updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- HTML tag auto close – Improved editor productivity with automatic close tags.
- Color picker in HTML – You can now use the VS Code color picker in HTML files.
- Integrated Terminal quick open – Create or jump to terminals from VS Code Quick Open.
- Drag and drop from search – Quickly open files from Search and also the Problems panel.
- New online documentation – New Emmet topic and updates to the Node.js Deployment tutorial.
- VS Code “recipes” repository – Examples using React, Angular and Docker in VS Code.
- Preview: Multi-root workspaces – Smoother UI when adding folders and creating a Workspace (Insiders build).
- Preview: Multiple SCM providers – With multiple folders, you can have multiple source control providers (Insiders build).
- Multi-root tips for extension authors – Update your extension to work seamlessly with multi-root workspaces.
Install Visual Studio Code on Ubuntu
Via DEB Package
Ubuntu users can easily download the DEB package from https://code.visualstudio.com/Download and install it manually.
Via Terminal Commands
If you want to install Visual Studio Code via Terminal run the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list'
curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | gpg --dearmor > microsoft.gpg
sudo mv microsoft.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/microsoft.gpg