If you’ve wanted to play 2001 Korean horror game White Day: A Labyrinth Named School and have not had the opportunity to play it on PC, mobile or PlayStation VR, don’t worry about it: your options have expanded to include PlayStation 4. Publisher PQube has announced it will be bringing White Day on PlayStation 4 to North America and Europe in August 2017.
Check out a trailer for White Day below:
Screen from White Day.
The plot of White Day: A Labyrinth Named School follows a new student named Hui-min and starts innocently enough, as he sneaks into Yeondoo High School to leave White Day chocolates in his crush’s locker.
Unfortunately, he chose to do this at night, and nighttime at a creepy high school, anywhere? Fuhgeddabouddit. Hui-min is trapped inside the school and has to deal with fiendish ghosts, murderous janitors and more.
“There are no overly gory scenes in White Day. There are no weapons like knives or guns to use. The player is just a normal student who must run away from the dangers that lurk in the school in order to survive,” says the game’s Steam page.
Other classmates are trapped inside as well. Hui-min must connect with them in order to survive as well as hiding, staying healthy and solving puzzles. There over half a dozen possible endings that help explain what happens to Hui-min and friends based on your choices throughout the game, as well as five difficulty modes from Easy to Very Hard (Hell mode).
Features include (via press release ):
- Survival Horror Bites Back – Resource-based health and save systems hark back to the Golden Era of horror.
- Intense Stealth Gameplay – Cover your tracks and stay hidden to avoid the killer janitors roaming the halls.
- Dynamic Scare System – Feeling brave? Higher difficulty settings increase the ghost and fright frequencies.
- Diabolical Secrets – Solve tricky puzzles and riddles to unlock ghost stories and collectibles.
- Evolving Puzzle Solutions – Forget using guides to cut corners – keypad and padlock codes differ every time!
- Race Against the Clock – Act fast to vanquish the school’s deadliest spirits… or suffer a painful end.
- Branching Story – Shape your relationships with fellow classmates using different dialogue options.
- Nine Different Endings – Who will live through the night? Your actions will determine your classmates’ fate!
- Multiple Location Options – Play from start to finish in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Russian.
- Plus! – Updated to include bespoke PS4 trophy and Steam Achievements.
What do you think? Will you play White Day: A Labyrinth Named School from the comfort of your couch or do you prefer your Asian horror on some other platform? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below and don’t forget to check out the game’s official website here.