2017’s lineup of upcoming smartphones includes the LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Note 8 and iPhone 8. Out of these, the G6 and Note 8 devices are expected to be phablets.
Both devices are expected to come with Android Nougat and then, get an Android O update as it is rolled out around August/September. Another similarity that both the phones share is unsuccessful predecessors. The G6 device will need to give LG’s G-series a boost. The LG G5 did not do too well in terms of sales and for the G-series to survive the company needs its next flagship to bring in good numbers.
The Note series is facing a similar conundrum — after the Note 7 scandal, both Samsung and the Note series need to redeem themselves by selling more units.
Let’s have a look at how they fare against each other, in terms of rumored features:
Both the G6 and Note 8 are expected to come with OLED displays. While the LG G6 is expected to come with a full glass form factor and a metal back, the Samsung Note 8 display is expected to be a tad different than usual.
Samsung is expected to endow its Note 8 device with a foldable display.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is expected to come with a 10nm technology based Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and 8GB RAM. The LG G6, meanwhile, is expected to come with a lower-spec Snapdragon 830 processor and 4GB RAM.
The Note 8 device is expected to come with a display-embedded fingerprint sensor which will replace the traditional home button on Galaxy series devices while the G6 is expected to come with an Iris scanner that will scan your eyes to unlock your phone’s display
Both the Note 8 and G6 are expected to be repel water but while the Note 8 is expected to have full-scale IP68 water proofing certification, the G6 is expected to be water-resistant owing to its modular design.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Update Brings Galaxy Note 7 Grace UX To Marshmallow-Running Phablet
- Samsung Android Nougat Update List: Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Galaxy A Series Among Devices To Get New Software
- Android 8 OS: Expected Features, Name Of The Next Android Update After Nougat
- Android Nougat Galaxy S7 Release Date Approaches; Beta Program Set To End Soon
- T-Mobile’s LG G5 Gets Android 7.0 Nougat Update, November Security Patch
- iPhone 7 Vs. Galaxy Note 7: How The Late 2016 Apple And Samsung Flagships Match Up
- LG V20 Specs And Leaks Reveal Features Derived From LG G5
- Galaxy Note 8 Release Date: 6 Likely Specs For Samsung 2017 Flagship Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Apple iPhone 8 To Have Similar $1,000 Pricing: Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Android Nougat Update: How To Download the Update Rolling Out Next Week