- 1. Why dlvr.it?
- 2. How to Make a Twitter RSS Feed
- 2.1 Step1: Once logged into your dlvr.it account, Click ‘Add a Feed’ to create a new feed.
- 2.2 Step 2: Click the Twitter icon
- 2.3 Step 3: Associate a new personal Twitter account or choose a previously connected account to your new Twitter stream input.
- 2.4 Step 4: Under Account, ADD the Twitter handle you want to use.
- 2.5 Click Save.
- 2.6 Step 5: Click ‘Continue’
- 2.7 Step 6: Click ‘+’
- 2.8 Step 7: Choose the Facebook icon
- 2.9 Step 8: Name the new feed. Click Save.
- 3. What Next? How to maximize dlvr.it
One of the questions I frequently get asked from my social media friends is “How do I link Twitter to Facebook?” A quick Google search on the search term “posting Tweets to Facebook”, revealed top results from the usual suspects – wikiHow, Quora, Facebook, and Twitter.
Linking your Twitter account to your Facebook account, so that Tweets are automatically posted on your Facebook page, will help you reach out to more people, and it will make it more convenient for you to communicate overall.
By just glancing at the search results, you’ll see that there are some easy options you can choose from to connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that your Tweets and Retweets will automatically post to your Facebook wall and vice versa.
However, there are a couple of things you should think about first before going the easy route:
1 – Twitter and Facebook are two distinct networks with two different sets of etiquette and norms.
This distinction is especially relevant because…
2 – Do you “really” want to post all your Tweets to Facebook?
Posting all of your tweets to your Facebook wall may sound like a good idea at first (you can keep your friends updated on everything going on in your life!), but believe me, neither your Facebook nor your Twitter friends will thank you.
***If you choose to ignore the question above and opt to go the super easy route, option #1 below is probably good enough for you. However, if you decide to invest another ten minutes, we highly recommend that you review option #2 as well.
Option #1: Link Twitter to Facebook via Twitter
Twitter makes it super easy to connect the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile account. Follow instructions here Using Twitter with Facebook.
From your Twitter account, go to:
Settings > Apps > Facebook Connect > Allow
To link your Facebook updates to Twitter, use this application on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/twitter
If you want to know how to link your Twitter account to your Facebook account, just follow these easy steps, and you’ll be ready to go in less than a minute. After setting this up, all of your tweets are automatically and simultaneously posted to your Facebook profile, with a little note at the bottom mentioning that it came from Twitter.
However, do you “really” want all your Tweets to end up on Facebook? And, at the same time?
Think about this!
Option #2: Link Twitter to Facebook via dlvr.it with optimized posting
With dlvr.it you can choose which Twitter messages to post to Facebook, rather than being at the whim of an auto-updater.
- Smart Sharing: Share the right content with the right audience. Target content to your social networks based on keywords, author, tags and more. Also, fine tune your posts with dlvr.it’s powerful find and replace/remove text tool.
- Optimized Schedules: Tell us what days and times you want us to check for new updates, and we’ll deliver your content right on time. Or just queue up content, and share it when your audience is active and engaged.
- Engagement Stats: Use dlvr.it’s content sharing and social analytics to gain customer insight. Measure audience engagement across social networks and track the performance of each item you share.
- Hashtags: Broaden your reach with hashtags. dlvr.it can automatically add contextually relevant, search-friendly hashtags to every post.
- Engage with Multimedia: Make your updates stand out with images, photos, gifs, video or text. Effortlessly share them to all your social media platforms.
- Custom URL Shortener: dlvr.it makes it simple to share your own branded short links across social media. Unleash the power of your own URL shortener with every item you share.
- Incredibly Fast Updates: dlvr.it continuously scans your RSS feeds and automatically populates a queue of content to share on your connected social media platforms.
- Google Analytics: Set your own UTM tracking parameters on every link you share and easily view all social media traffic from right inside of Google Analytics.
To get started, you’ll need a Twitter input.
How to Make a Twitter RSS Feed
To start, you will need to log in or create an account at dlvr.it.
(See our post on How to Easily Make a Twitter RSS Feed That Will Boost Traffic)
Step1: Once logged into your dlvr.it account, Click ‘Add a Feed’ to create a new feed.
Step 2: Click the Twitter icon
Step 3: Associate a new personal Twitter account or choose a previously connected account to your new Twitter stream input.
***This is important because Twitter requires we share with them who is accessing the Twitter stream you’ll be entering in Step #4.
NOTE: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE TWITTER ACCOUNT you want to create an RSS feed from on the next screen.
Step 4: Under Account, ADD the Twitter handle you want to use.
At this time, you can also update:
- Any settings
- Add filters
- Choose when you want dlvr.it to pull information
- Access advanced settings (enable photo posting, include Retweets, etc.)
Step 5: Click ‘Continue’
Step 6: Click ‘+’
Step 7: Choose the Facebook icon
Step 8: Name the new feed. Click Save.
What Next? How to maximize dlvr.it
dlvr.it’s smart Social Media Automation is all about how little or how much you want to automate to link Twitter to Facebook and your other social networks.
1 – If you don’t want to send everything from Twitter to your social account, use Filters.
2 – Does scheduling makes sense for you? If so, make sure to schedule at the right time.
3 – How about hashtags? dlvr.it supports auto hashtags.
4 – Looking for content to share? dlvr.it’s content curation feature keeps your customers, fans and followers engaged with a consistent stream of content. Simply search for the type of content your audience would love, and start sharing.
In conclusion, if you don’t tweet very often (say, once or twice a week at the most), connecting Twitter to Facebook might not make much difference to your Facebook followers. Follow option #1 above.
However, to take full advantage of all that dlvr.it offers through its smart automation features, follow option #2 above to link Twitter to Facebook and vice versa.
The post How to Link Twitter to Facebook with Smart Automation appeared first on dlvr.it blog.